1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Paul Tagliabue vacates Bountygate suspensions of four players

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Dec 11, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Stunner: Paul Tagliabue vacates Bountygate suspensions of four players. Major rebuke to Roger Goodell.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Goodell didnt see that coming.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,732 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    Interesting.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,026 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Oh well......that's life...season is almost over for all teams anyways
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,753 Messages
    925 Likes Received
    How do you know he didn't see it coming? Could have been part of plan. It doesn't look good; however, it looks better that someone else made this decision rather than Goodell having to back track and vacate the suspensions himself.
  5. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,378 Messages
    351 Likes Received
  6. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,378 Messages
    351 Likes Received
  7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Figures it would happen before we play them :laugh1:
  8. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,402 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    What do the players injured by the Saints get?
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,987 Messages
    1,651 Likes Received
    They get nothing because this is football and not DDR. Is 'not enough evidence' coming from Goodell's old boss difficult to understand?

What this should be titled is 'Jonathan Vilma Gets Paid.'
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,508 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Well, you had to know that this would not stick. NFL is going to get counter sued over this.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Kind of strange frankly. Basically tag is saying that it was all the fault of the Coaches and saints and the poor players were just following orders.

Thought that defense went out with Nuremburg.
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,955 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    This really isn't all the shocking to me.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,508 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Me either. From what I saw, there was never any evidence to link to the players. You new the Union was going to use this against the NFL and that all spelled out no case to me.

If the NFL would have had anything, they would have disclosed it long before it ever got to the point of multiple black eyes for the League. IDK.
  14. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,402 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Did the New Orleans coaches hurt opposing players in the parking lot after the game?

Were opposing players deliberately hurt by agents of the New Orleans Saints?
  15. Andrew76021

Andrew76021 Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That's the only lame response you can come up with after all of your ridiculous, unfounded allegations over the past several months. What about all of that evidence that you kept saying was present? Guess what, still no evidence exists. You realize that Tags works for a law firm that is employed by the NFL? This was as nice as he could be without actually calling Godell a blatant liar and wrong on just about everything he claimed from day 1.

The NFL offered the players suspended a plea bargain on Monday if they dropped the lawsuits against Godell, the day before Tags ruling. The players declined the plea bargain yet still got the sentences dropped. The NFL never had squat and didn't think the Saints players would fight them over their allegations. The problem for Godell is that Vilma is still going to sue him for defamation of character and I hope that he is forced by law in a courtroom to testify and show the proof of what his evidence is. He succeeded in ruining the Saints 2012 season in efforts to defray the 4000 lawsuits now pending by former players against the NFL regarding player safety. Hopefully, this will lead to the coaches getting representation from unions in the future, so they have recourse to blatant abuse of power by that piece of excrement.

As I said before, you should be banned from speaking about this topic.
  16. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    No that won't happen. Then the players and everyone else would have to take an oath in federal court. Perjury can get you put away.
  17. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    why did Tag specifically say what he said?
  18. Andrew76021

Andrew76021 Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To protect his client/friend/job? I'm sure you don't know, because you seem to know nothing regarding this issue, but Tags works for the law firm whose biggest client is the NFL and they are personal friends.

Still not a single answer to any question I have asked in any post regarding this topic. Your closest reponse is a question to a question.

You must be self employed.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,328 Messages
    1,645 Likes Received
    What say all those defenders and lovers of Goodell?

So many were singing the praises of Goodell in his handling of this issue.

They have been quiet for a while now.

I wouldnt imagine any of them would post about how wrong they were.

As a matter of fact they most likely would deny their loyal praise for Pope Goodell.
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Nothing.. its football. Hard tackles are a part of the game.