1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pauline 2013 NFL Draft: Midseason Top 50

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Nov 11, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,376 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    1) Barkevious Mingo, DE-OLB, LSU* -- Mingo offers more impact than any player in this draft, and has the ability to line up at a number of positions in the front seven. The athletic junior comes with great upside and will reward the NFL team that drafts him, then patiently develops his talent.

2) Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State* -- Scouts had a high opinion of Werner entering the year, and he's continued to impress them this season. He's an explosive defensive end who makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage and also holds his own defending the run.

3) Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah -- Lotulelei bypassed the 2012 NFL Draft and is reaping the rewards of his decision. He's a dominant defensive tackle with terrific movement skills and the ability to control the line of scrimmage or pursue the action outside the box.

4) Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia* -- Jones has developed into a complete three-down defender this season, and has impressed NFL decision-makers. He's a menacing pass rusher, solid run stopper and fine coverage linebacker. Jones could be an early pick in next April's draft if he receives a clean bill of health, but the way we hear it, prior injury issues could throw up lots of red flags.

5) Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan* -- The Wolverines have a history of placing talented left tackles into the NFL, and Lewan is one of the best in recent memory. He is not as dominant as former Wolverine Jake Long, but Lewan is more athletic and much better blocking in motion.

6) Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State* -- Scouts think Hankins grades out better in areas of athleticism and movement skills compared to Star Lotulelei, but they question his every-down intensity. His game comes with great upside, and Hankins can be as good as he wants to be
    7) Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M* -- Moore displays Von Miller-like ability in his game, but has better size than the second pick of the 2011 draft.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...aft-midseason-top-50/index.html#ixzz2ByqaacAt
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,991 Messages
    4,158 Likes Received
    He's got Te'o 13th overall.

Discuss.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    I'd love to get Warmack in this draft. We've got bigger needs than guard though.
  4. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    B. Mingo amongst the top rated DE/OLB players has terrible stats. Several of the top rated players at this position have lower stats than many would expect. Sam Montgomery,Bjorn Werner,etc.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,567 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I have a hard time believing a 6-2 guard (listed, may actually be 6-1) will be drafted as high as some believe.

He'd be the shortest guard drafted in round 1 in atleast 20 years (I got tired of looking at about the 93' draft) and while I'm not saying an inch of height will cause him to be unsuccessfull, my point is he doesn't fit the prototype of the guys that go early in round 1.
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,567 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yea, there are several players I'd take over Mingo. If I had my choice of pass rushers it would be Jarvis Jones no doubt. Probably followed by Moore, Werner, then Montgomery.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

8,428 Messages
    1,802 Likes Received
    If he is taking position value into account, then projecting Te'o to #13 might make sense, but then Warmack would not be at #8.

He has Lewan at #5 over Joeckel at #10.

I didn't know that Sam Montgomery had "personality issues".

I liked Brennan Williams as a 2nd/3rd round pick prior to his injury. He has him in the 1st.

He has TJ McDonald as the 1st Safety taken.