1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pauline NFL Draft prospects to watch in bowl games: Part 2

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Dec 25, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,150 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Sheraton Hawaii Bowl: Fresno State vs SMU

Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State: Thomas missed the entire 2011 campaign with a severe leg injury but returned with a vengeance this season. He proved himself to be the total package at safety, displaying top ball skills in coverage (8 interceptions) and toughness defending the run (82 tackles). Thomas elevated his draft stock at least two rounds with his play in 2012. 3rd Round

Zach Line, FB, SMU: The Mustangs' hard-charging ball carrier posted 1,207 rushing yards and was named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year. He stood out in all areas of the game and proved a willingness to do the little things. Line projects to fullback for a West Coast offense. 4th/5th Round

Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State: David Carr's little brother is also displaying he has the skills to play in the NFL. The Fresno State junior possesses the arm strength to make all the passes and has shown consistent improvement the past two seasons. He rates as one of the better signal callers from the junior class. 3rd Round

Margus Hunt, DE, SMU: Hunt came to SMU from Estonia as a champion in the shot put and discus throw and also tried his hand at football. He blocked seven kicks as a freshman, and showed consistent improvement in his game the following three seasons. Hunt is a freak athlete still developing on the football field, and his best football is still ahead. 3rd/4th Round

Little Caesars: Central Michigan vs Western Kentucky

Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan: The Chippewas' left tackle has made a big jump up draft boards the past four months. He's an athletic pass protector with the ability to be used in a zone blocking system that puts him in motion. Fisher does a solid job run blocking and will only improve as he physically matures and gets stronger. 2nd Round

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121224/nfl-draft-bowl-game-preview-2/#ixzz2G5Uw3vwZ
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,166 Likes Received
    Ra'Shede Hageman (6-5, 320) is an interesting developmental 3-4 DE. He appears to have the athletic ability, but needs a lot of work on fundamentals, especially against the run.

I thought that Anthony Barr was returning to school, but I can't find an official announcement.

OT David Quessenberry looks like a good project; although, the Cowboys probably don't need more projects on the OL.

Can Zack Line (6'-1/2", 230) get big enough to play FB in the NFL? I noticed him put a really good pop on a blitzer in Fresno Bowl game. It would be a nice option to have a FB that can run the ball on occasion.
  3. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Also, In the Western Kentucky game watch #5 Antonio Andrews RB 6'0'-211lbs. He leads the nation, just ahead of Tavon Austin, in all purpose yardage per game--248 yds per game. He seems to be a complete package as in RB (1614 yds,),WR (411 yds),PR (12.76 yds per ret.) and KR (28 yds per ret). Surely with all those skills we could find a place somewhere for him.

He's only a junior so I don't know if he's declaring for the draft. Pet Cat???
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,150 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Line crossed my mind too. If he doesnt get drafted they need to have a Cowboy rep with a contract waiting outside his house.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,150 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Fisher had a nice game last night. Like to see him against better competition, but he looked like a player to me. Nice feet for his size.
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,184 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I can see him in the 2nd. Cowboys like those small school guys (Free, Arkin, Brewer).

I think they go DL in the 1st and OL in the 2nd.