1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pauline NFL Draft risers, sliders: Week 13

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Nov 25, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    Risers

Stedman Bailey*/WR/West Virginia: Bailey has taken a backseat to playmaking teammate Tavon Austin despite the fact he leads the Mountaineers in receiving yards and scoring receptions. His totals this season include 95 receptions, 1,342 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns. The junior is averaging 14.1 yards per reception in 2012. He's an underrated wideout and offers potential as a second receiver on the NFL level.

Quinton Patton/WR/Louisiana Tech: Patton received late-round grades entering the season yet the senior has watched his game and draft stock take off. His size/speed numbers look ordinary on paper, yet Patton is a natural pass catcher with a great feel. He finds a way to come free and make the reception despite double-team coverage every game. Eleven games into the season, Patton has recorded 94 receptions for 1,267 yards and 11 scores. He could slide into the third round of April's draft and Patton possesses the skill to be a third receiver at the next level.

Kerwynn Williams/RB/Utah State: Williams was a third-team running back at Utah State in 2011 yet has improved every aspect of his game as a senior.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ek-13-risers-sliders/index.html#ixzz2DFtI8Cyj
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    I was intrigued by this guy but not if you are talking first 4 rounds. Sounds like a "looks good in a uniform" kind of guy. Also those Clemson guys have a tendency to flame out in the pros.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,698 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    Goodman is an interesting player. He is 6-4, 280 and reported to have extreme hand size and arm length.

If available in the later rounds, I would like to see the Cowboys draft him as a pass-rushing 3-4 DE. In the games that I've seen, he appeared to be better when he rushed to the inside in more of a straight line than he was trying to "bend the corner" on the outside.

Tyrone Crawford was just 6-4, 275 in pre-draft measurements last year.

This is from a 2008 article about college recruits:

From Here to Eternity

No, I am not talking about the film -- and if you know that reference, you probably feel as old as I do for mentioning it. What I am talking about is the freakish wingspan of defensive end
    Malliciah Goodman (Florence, S.C./West Florence).

We were interested in checking him out because we liked what we saw on film. In person, he physically blew us away. I can not remember too many people I have seen at the high school, college or professional level with arms like his. From his big trapezius muscle to his long arms down to his monster-size hands, he was unbelievable in his physical setup.

Those natural tools make him a dangerous player, especially because he knows how to use his reach to his advantage. During some pass-rushing drills, he would club and rip his way by the blocker. He looks like he still needs to grow into his frame. He never looked overly fluid on film and struggled some in agility drills. He has wonderful upside though and reaffirmed to us that he was a nice pickup for Clemson.