1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pay your taxes Gov. Palin

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Bonecrusher#31, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Palin told to pay back taxes
    Posted: 03:15 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby
    [IMG] Palin received per diem payments even though she was staying in her own home.

[IMG]

(CNN) – Alaska officials have told Gov. Sarah Palin she must pay back taxes on the thousands of dollars she received in state per diem funds while living at her home in Wasilla.
    The Washington Post first reported last September that Palin had billed the state for nearly $17,000 worth of meals and other living expenses while staying in her own home during the first 19 months of her administration, even though the official governor’s residence is in Juneau.
    The news clouded Palin’s self-styled image as a small government reformer, just weeks after she was tapped as John McCain’s running mate. At the time, Palin’s office said the governor was entitled to the payments.
    Alaska administration commissioner Annette Kreitzner told the Anchorage Daily News on Tuesday that the governor’s office had asked the office to review the tax treatment of the per diem payments after questions about the funds were raised.
    Kreitzner told the paper that following the review, the per diem payments will be treated as income and that a revised W-2 statement will be sent to the governor.
    Palin’s office would not say how much she owes in back taxes, or if she would continue to receive the payments.
    UPDATE: Palin spokesman Bill McAllister tells CNN that Palin "will abide by all IRS regulations and rulings and will pay what she owes. That number, though, is not a matter of public record."
    Post updated 3:02 p.m. EST
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Not news. The rationale and response for this was well vetted during the campaign.

:)
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    You do realize this is a brand new policy...
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I believe it is the I hate America or Anti-Patriot policy.

Must be something to it as both parties seem to be doing it now.
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    If they enact this, then she has to do it... and should...

Equating it to what Mr. Obama's staff is going through is ridiculous... no matter which side of the aisle you are on, but I bet you see this featured prominently on the national news tonight... ;)
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    You Betcha Joe.

Wink

:p:
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,556 Messages
    1,643 Likes Received
    In their overwhelming zeal, they overlooked this seemingly minor yet context-altering detail.

With posts such as these, Trick, it's apparent why you feel your party has abandoned you.;)
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]84er11W9rU4&feature=related[/youtube]

I've always been a big fan of Tina Fay. (sorry for the edit. most of the vids i found had embedding disabled.)
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We needed another thread on this why????

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146600

Is it because if we have many threads on one person who had a screw up with a new tax law that might put her in the same league with the den of thieves that is the current administration???

:bang2:
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,322 Messages
    3,190 Likes Received
    Maybe people didn't see that it was posted in the other thread. I certainly didn't. The thread title of the other thread was about Rahm Emmanuel.

But honestly, is it any surprise that some of these folks are getting caught up in their tax problems.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I doubt it. Unless the only thing people cared about was Palin's tax issue and the other thread didn't appeal to their tastes to read it. I just think it's real strange that after all of these obamaites get caught with tax issues, then Rahm "Fish head" Emmanuel gets nailed all of a sudden we have to get this story that is really not the same thing. This is not a story of tax evasion. In addition the Governor of a state doesn't do their own taxes, they have a state auditor do this. SO if there were any taxes that would need to be paid on this they should have found it. A state employee by the way.
  12. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    It is a separate topic.
  13. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Wait. Since you seem to think Palin and Emanuel should belong in the same thread, does that mean you think they're guilty of the same thing?

How come you're minimizing Palin's abuse of the system, but blowing a gasket over Obama?

Just curious.
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,322 Messages
    3,190 Likes Received
    I imagine the OP probably posted it to tweak some of the folks here, but it's still news and just as deserving of a separate thread...seeing if looking at a glance in this forum, there are no other Palin threads.

As for reasons why she did not or why the others did not, I'm no longer surprised by anything these days.
  15. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,164 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Because it doesn't fit his agenda. You know it and I know it.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh please. Because the discussion had already been taking place in that thread over this very same issue. Don't act dumb. :rolleyes:
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,645 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Yup ..... this is just a silly ploy that people like Benny will use to feel better about the tax "evasionist" that are in the new administration.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    This discussion begins and ends with the simple fact that Emanuel and the other Dems who have violated Tax laws or what have you are in office and Palin is not.

Believe me, I wish that I were discussing what a poor job Sarah Palin had or had not done by allowing this issue to become an issue because that would mean that the Republicans had won the Presidential election. That didn't happen and Palin is the problem of Alaska.

Emanuel and all of President Obama's Oppointed 8Balls are the problem of the U.S. They are in office and they represent all of America.

Palin is not a story any longer IMO. I'm not depending on her to fix anything. These other guys, that's a different story.
  19. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    By not fulfilling your tax obligations, no matter if your a citizen or gov/state politician, is evading the tax system. Period.

Both individuals gained by not paying and tried to sweep it under the rug. This has been going on within both parties for a long time. If you don't see that, you're blind.
  20. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You seem to like to read between the lines... and ONLY between the lines.