1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Payton could silence rumors

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sportsman, Dec 7, 2012.

1. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

745 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Why hasn't Payton made any comments regarding any chance of him leaving the Saints. I am sure the idea of coming to Dallas is tempting. But he owes his players and coaches little more than he is currently giving.

But I could be wrong.
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,567 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    He's still negotiating. He wants as much leverage as he can get, and the Cowboys provide him that even if they have no intention of hiring him.
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    He is just playing the game. The more this gets drawn out the more leverage he will have.
  4. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,509 Messages
    915 Likes Received
    He only has permission to talk to the Saints. Considering we have not heard one word from him or Williams since their suspensions started means the NFL probably have them under a order of silence regarding NFL topics. Any discussions with the media may lead to additional suspension time if that is the case.

That being said, while he is negotiating with the Saints, the last thing he would want to do is eliminate competition for his services. Even if he has full intentions to resign with the Saints, he would be foolish to let them know that because it would let the Saints low-ball him and not worry about other teams.

#reality
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........he doesn't want to work for one of the worst football office's in the league: Dallas is now a bottom dweller with the Raiders, Panthers and Cardinals....simply incompetent, led by Al Jr. of course.
  6. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

517 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Unfortunately I agree. There are some positives to coach the DC but I think those positives are way overpowered by the negatives. The first and most apparent negative being under the thumb of the Jones Boys and their infamous egos to undermined any and all coaches who start to become successful.
    You know SP has or will speak with Parcells and Johnson about the position and if he has half a brain, he will spare himself the hillbilly flea circus for a serious organization that knows how to structure a successful football environment like the Saints.
  7. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I wish he would just so all the dreamers would moaning about it. Keeping Dallas as a possible option, no matter how unlikely will get him more money. His only chance of coaching in Dallas is if he waits (atleast) a decade when Garrett retires.
  8. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,520 Messages
    1,008 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  9. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Sounds like he is going through a messy divorce, perhaps he will be swayed by Jerry dollars after a trip to the cleaners.... kinda like Bill was.
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,523 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    I think it is because he is in double secret talks with the Lakers.
  11. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Benson is rich enough to pay just as much as Jerry.

This is all about leverage. Payton has it, and it's growing for him by the day. As someone else said, Payton to Dallas is merely a pipedream.

We're basically the perfect franchise for anyone seeking leverage. Nnamdi Asomugha used against Philly, and Payton is doing the same now.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,717 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  13. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,890 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Are you Garrett's dad?
  14. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

SP is a bachelor again and he likes it.

He's also pissed off at the NFL for what they did to him.

He's been instructed by the dick-tater to no have any involvement with the Saints or the NFL so he said the hell with everybody.
  15. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

745 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Wasn't BP going through a divorce before taking the Cowboys job.
    Déjà vu
  16. dueyhemlock

dueyhemlock Hog Hunter

988 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I thought I read somewhere recently that Payton and Benson's daughter aren't to chummy.

Isn't she the next in line to run the Saints?
  17. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,124 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    You're right. He's taking the advice of Big Bill. But if Jerry wants him, I'll bet he gets him. He would be a hero. The excitement and news on this franchise if we pulled off this? Huge. $$$$$.

Jerry would be a fool to not jump on this.
  18. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

847 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    thats sounds familiar...think I heard something about that but not sure that would amount to much considering alternative is Jerry
  19. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    The longer he waits, the more money he gets.:lmao: