1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pearson - John Garrett applied for the Delaware HC job

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kjcmeb, Jan 15, 2013.

1. kjcmeb

kjcmeb Active Member

100 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Per Pearson - The saga continues ... John Garrett (Jason's brother) has applied for Delaware head coaching job.
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Too funny. I'm hoping JasonG recognizes his fate and applies for a collegiate job as well. Division II is calling his name.
  3. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Saw that, guess he knows the writing's on the wall.
  4. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    media driven saga....John has bigger aspirations than being a TE coach and is looking to move on since ther is no advancement here.....no one is forcing him out
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,868 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Wow. That makes a lot of sense. Not very exciting but it makes sense. I wish there were more sensible posts like this.
  6. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    good luck John
  7. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,701 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Maybe Jason will follow and be his offensive coordinator! :bow::laugh2::laugh1:
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    Meh when he is applying for a position downgrade then I will give credence to the notion that he is being forced out. A HC position is an upgrade. He is a TE coach now.

It's been known that he has been applying for positions and we have Mort and the daily turd filling the gaps but nothing definitive.

Apparently the last three HC for the program are in the College football HoF. It is a Div 1 school of a small conference. You guys think that's a downgrade?
  9. jlust22

jlust22 Member

523 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Cowboys assistant John Garrett applies for Delaware job
    By Jeremy Fowler | College Football Insider
    January 15, 2013 5:26 pm ET

Dallas Cowboys passing game coordinator/tight ends coach John Garrett, older brother of head coach Jason Garrett, has applied for the Delaware head-coaching job, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Last week, the Blue Hens fired K.C. Keeler after 11 seasons and an 86-52 record. Joe Flacco's former team went 5-6 last season with a 2-6 record in Colonial Athletic Association play.

Jason Garrett knows about his brother's intentions and has encouraged him to pursue the job, according to the source.

Attempts to reach John Garrett were unsuccessful. CBSSports.com has left a message for Delaware athletics director Eric Ziady.

A move to Delaware would likely result in a pay cut, but there's unrest with the Cowboys staff after consecutive 8-8 seasons.

Garrett's family still lives on the Jersey Shore, close to the Delaware campus.

Garrett interviewed for the Dolphins offensive coordinator job last year and last coached collegiately at Virginia, where he was assistant head coach in 2007.
  10. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    And you're getting that from where? When has an NFL assistant willingly left their NFL post for a FCS (1-AA) gig? If he cared about advancement, he'd look for an OC job in the FBS.
  11. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Before the FBS/FCS it technically would've been division 1, but 1-AA. So yes, this is a downgrade from an NFL assistant job IMO. And I'd be surprised if it didn't come with a downgrade in pay.
  12. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,962 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Maybe John Garrett wants to learn to be a Head Coach the right way, by experience.....bet he learned how NOT to do it from some one in the family who was a QB Coach......Good luck John Garrett hope you succeed by doing it the right way.,......Can you take your brother Jason....... heard he would be a great OC
  13. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,606 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Haha this is too funny
  14. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,023 Messages
    1,302 Likes Received
    Judd Garrett should be fired as well.
  15. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,863 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    I am going on the assumption that you are kidding each other..Otherwise tell me so I can take stronger measures..

So I guess you were not ,so I cleaned up a little......
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yep, I'm sure this has nothing to do with the recent reports about Jerry wanting him out. Pure coincidence.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,740 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Only Jason makes those calls...you didnt get that memo?

John has also been the Passing game coordinator....so it kind like an OC-lite.
  18. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...shing-garrett-to-give-up-play-calling-duties/

This is the original article that has been the source of these claims. AFAIK there are no other reports where this is not the source.

Now in comparison here is an example of an article that sources the above article.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/12/cowboys-jerry-jones-jason-garrett-play-calling/

If there is another source for this I do not see it.
  19. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,229 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    why is it a saga? he's been known to want a college HC gig?