1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pearson - John Garrett applied for the Delaware HC job

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kjcmeb, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,049 Messages
    2,946 Likes Received
    100% agree with you. He is the guy the team has credited with finding the guys we added this year.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,049 Messages
    2,946 Likes Received
    :post:

So good I am going to shut up and let you slap sense into people in this thread.
  3. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    If that was actually true, then no other organization would be interested in hiring him.

Looks like you tired of your own myth.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    you said nothing.

we have that in common.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,150 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    I don't care about cronyism if it isn't creating a problem... If we're winning super bowls, hire your 3rd cousin's pediatrist for all I care.
  6. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  7. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,692 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  8. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Why some people cry foul about Jerry being a "snake-oil salesman" and proceed to believe every word that he says is beyond me. I mean we are talking about the same guy that will say "just because I said it, doesn't make it so..." with a smirk on his face. Jerry will never shy away from the media and that's OK but don't sit there and believe every word that comes out his mouth - it's really that simple, at least for me anyways.

The facts are that all 3 phases of this football team had issues all year long at different parts of the year. Obviously changes have been made on the defense and offense will be shored up in the next few days. Even Joe D is being given permission to interview elsewhere as well. (Last season he was denied an interview for asst HC position with the Raiders) Maybe they aren't happening fast enough for some or they believe the wrong changes are being made but no team in the NFL makes any sort of changes without a plan in place.

The 2013 staff will be complete before the Senior Bowl.
  9. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    they tell you jerry isn't to be trusted and lies every step of the way.

then they follow.

every step of the way.

somewhere along the way it got to be unfair to say "stop".
  10. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,150 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received

Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to positions of authority, regardless of their qualifications. Hence, cronyism is contrary in practice and principle to meritocracy.

Cronyism exists when the appointer and the beneficiary are in social contact; often, the appointer is inadequate to hold his or her own job or position of authority, and for this reason the appointer appoints individuals who will not try to weaken him or her, or express views contrary to those of the appointer. Politically, "cronyism" is derogatorily used.[1]

It would appear that you don't know what it means....
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,390 Messages
    5,903 Likes Received
    CL, where did you hear this?
  12. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's obvious to anyone that Jerry is forcing Jason out, but he's doing it respectfully. In that, he is allowing John to seek other employment so that it won't look like the team "fired" him.

There were reports of John calling around the NFL for openings the other day. Now he's applying to be a head coach of some refrgerator school in Delaware. I'm sure lots of people jump at the chance to take a pay cut in this economy.

One thing is guaranteed, John won't be on the coaching staff this coming year.

;)
  13. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett - 2 years as QB coach before becoming an offensive coordinator... one year as a floundering offensive coordinator before being offered the HC jobs in Baltimore and Atlanta.

It's kind of silly to call his hiring in Dallas cronyism when Garrett obviously has appeal league-wide.

It's fine to say you prefer someone else. But lets not pretend that no one else in the league would hire Garrett as HC. That was already proven wrong. And I would also venture to guess (obviously can't be proven) that Garrett, like Ken Whisenhunt would be interviewing for HC openings around the league right now if he were let go in Dallas.
  14. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,056 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    Jumping forward from 2007, which two teams feel the luckiest in the world?
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,779 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    THUMP.
  16. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    I'm sure that neither have any regrets. But of course that's not the point.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,779 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    I think it is a point. What has garrett accomplished?

As far as John taking a FCS HC job, its a HC job that would be a good place to learn about being one.

One that Jason Garrett could have used.
  18. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love how the Garrett fans are spinning this..

BTW, he's not just a tight ends coach, but was the 'passing game' coordinator, meaning he was essentially moving up the chain in this organization pretty rapidly because of his connections to 'learn'. Further, the key term is he's APPLYING for the job, meaning there's nothing to indicate this Division II school that to themselves, "Man, we need to go get this guy Garrett... He's helping Tony Romo light this league on fire, so let's consider him for the job."
  19. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,574 Messages
    2,449 Likes Received
    We got plenty of yards through the air. Romo just liked throwing the ball to LBers.
  20. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was also PASSING GAME COORDINATOR for the team that all the Garrett supporters claimed that had WRs running routes wrong all day and not being able to adjust their routes on blitzes...