1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pearson - John Garrett applied for the Delaware HC job

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kjcmeb, Jan 15, 2013.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    you have no idea how good a coach he is.

yet ...
  2. iceberg

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    i know a week ago the word was never mentioned here. not at all. it wasn't until it gave the "garrett sucks" crowd another bullet. suddenly, it's the worst thing someone can do.

all you need is a bullet. you don't give a damn if it fits the gun.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,261 Messages
    1,899 Likes Received
    and all you want to do is deny the patient is dying from a gunshot despite evidence
  4. iceberg

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    where did i deny anything? I DID NOT so keep your made up crap to yourself. i simply don't know the facts that go on through a daily basis at valley ranch.

i just won't let some media trumped up hate make me believe things for the sake of believing them
  5. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

981 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I'm in the boat that you should never mix family and business. You can bring up the Shanahans as being an exception but I still wouldn't want any of my siblings or extended family being on staff if I was HC. It causes a lot of un wanted problems and as soon as the situation gets sticky you get accused of favoritism and blah blah blah. Not worth the headache, John may or may not be a great coach but that's the only reason why I want only 1 Garrett on staff.
  6. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,313 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Eatmen just stated on Cowboys Break that John Garret was not well liked by other coaches and staff.

Who really knows but there you go!
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I doubt you can throw a dart at a team that doesn't have "cronyism." Making it into some kind of thing that makes players play worse is rather ridiculous.
  8. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,750 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Keep it on the thread and lay off the personal jabs and insults...
  9. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Bill Belichick
    Don Shula
    Tom Coughlin
    Bum Phillips
    Marty Schottenheimer

I could go on. All coaches who disagree with you.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,275 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    Thats what I've heard too but unless Rich Dalrymple issues a statement saying we don't like this guy the Pro Garrett crowd won't hear it.
  11. iceberg

28,119 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    why do you have to attack the other side every chance you get?
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,906 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    Did he? This is interesting. I wish I knew how much to trust this after-the-fact scuttlebut. Same thing with the Ryan-wasn't-in-meetings stuff that didn't come out until he was out the door. Eatman's not really a pot-stirrer, though.
  13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,890 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    I never stated that. Not even close. I was, as a bystander to the argument, just expressing how a coaching staff could be undermined by it. You asked a question of how a staff could be affected and I gave an answer. The reality is it probably doesn't affect a majority of teams but there could be situations and we aren't sure here with rumors coming out like right above this..
  14. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Sometimes it works.

Sometimes it doesn't.

For every one of those names there's probably 2 instances that it hasn't worked. I have neither the time, nor the agenda to do the necessary research right now to get those names. And I wouldn't hold Bum, Don Shula, or Marty up there as shining examples of it working, either.
  15. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I don't care if he is liked. I care if he does his job, and we had passing results and TE success. Mike Ditka wasn't liked when he was on Landry's staff. But he got results. That's why the Bears hired him. He wasn't liked there either, nor in New Orleans.
  16. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Can't really say this is after-the-fact yet since he's still there, so it's not a fair comparison.
  17. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    there is truth to that.....there is also truth that Witten in his 4 seasons before Garrett averaged 700 yards per season, every season with garrett he averages 1000 yards per season....
    not to give John Garrett all that credit, but as his coach he has to get some, so lets not act like Garrett is just there to clean Wittens shoes after practice
  18. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    If his surname wasn't Garrett...well, you know.
  19. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Easy... We had Vinny Testaverde and Drew Henson and other wonders at QB. And even then, his second season he still managed to catch the ball 87 times and had 980 yards, without John Garrett even sniffing the Cowboys roster. During the run with 'Garrett', Tony Romo was the QB and Witten was targetted way more. Dallas went from a rushing attack offense to one that emphasized passing, starting with Tony Sparano as OC in 2007. He was targetted 30 times less the prior two years. The passing game exploded with Romo has starting QB.

When he was tight end coach for the Bengals in 2001 and 2002, Tony McGee caught only 14 balls. Next season, Schobel caught 27 balls. Maybe that's why he was then made a scout and then went on to coach WRs, only to come back to Dallas with his brother, ending up back at the TE position.
  20. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a single person on this forum knows the facts that go on daily at VR or whats behind the decisions, who makes them etc. Doesn't stop some from pretending though. As fans and followers of the team, we're given information from dozens of guys in the media. Guys who put their names on the line with every "breaking" story. These guys rely on their credibility.

I don't understand your notion that the media is trumping up this hate. Why would they? What is the motivation? What is to be gained? What makes more sense to you, the media having an agenda against a TE coach, or the media reporting on things they're actually hearing - that Jerry wants John Garrett gone for any number of reasons?