1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pelosi on waterboarding: I knew nothing

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Jordan55, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can we get past the Bull Defecation, I know we just passed a bill to help rectify the smell of Pig manure, yet I'm forced to eat this dung every night, Please God Help this country

Pelosi and Graham on Waterboarding Briefings
    This New York Times article sympathetically conveys the argument that because their staff could not be briefed, “few lawmakers are equipped to make difficult legal and policy judgments about secret programs.” My experience with highly classified programs such as this is that even within the executive branch, few officials at the staff level outside of the intelligence community are given access to this information, so you probably could make the argument that the policymakers were at the same disadvantage as members of Congress, having to rely on a handful of lawyers at OLC for legal opinions.

Also, how ridiculous is Pelosi’s statement that she recalls being briefed but that she didn’t think the methods would be used?

Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, who in 2002 was the ranking Democrat on the House committee, has said in public statements that she recalls being briefed on the methods, including waterboarding. She insists, however, that the lawmakers were told only that the C.I.A. believed the methods were legal — not that they were going to be used.

In addition, former Senator Bob Graham, who famously keeps a journal about every detail of his life can’t remember whether he was ever briefed.

Senator Bob Graham, Democrat of Florida, who was committee chairman in 2002, said in an interview that he did not recall ever being briefed on the methods, though government officials with access to records say all four committee leaders received multiple briefings.

[IMG]

NOW SAY AFTER ME SHE'S A DUMB FEMALE DOG!!!!!!!! Appears to be an Eagles Fan
    [IMG]
    Tell me this true tea bagger didn't deserve it!!!!!! I only wish I could have punched the excrement out of this (call him what you will) fruit cake!!!! God for bid you should disagree with the left
  2. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Come on Guys this was a stab at a little humor, sometimes we take life just a little to seriously.[IMG]
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If he met me,he'd have 2 black eyes.
  4. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's the unGodly offspring of Shawn Penn and Rosie O'Donnell.....................
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,554 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    So who is he?
  6. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Perez Hilton or Hilton Perez, I'm not to up to date on my fruits, but he took quite an offense to her answer on Gay marriage, since she didn't support it.
    It might have caused her to lose the crown, all I know is she has my vote.:)

No offense to anyone intended
  7. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You know when your in the blind as to seeing your lover you tend to have tunnel opinion!
  8. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They can explain it to until the cows come home.......

But, for the life of me, I'll never understand putting this perfect kitten in the same room with Larry the Cable Guy, and the "Hilton Perez" pink team picks the Cable Guy......................

All the explaining in the world would never compute..................
  9. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm certainly out of the loop on this one...
    What does that pink haired goon have to do with that woman?
  10. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was one of the Judges in the Miss USA Pagent, and became appalled at Miss California's answer as to wether she supported Gay Marriage obviously she supported marriage as being between a man and women
    It may have caused her to lose the contest for sticking to her beliefs
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,837 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    Nancy is doing the old Sgt. Schultz from Hogans Heros "I know nothing" :lmao:
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,914 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    We all already knew that she knows nothing about anything.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,837 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    You can tell her heads starts bobbling around. :lmao2:
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good thing about it is that I know who she is now,I don't even know who won the pageant.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,130 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    In 2002, Pelosi was the Senate minority whip. Later in 2002, she became the Senate Democratic Minority Leader. In 2002, she along with several other high ranking Congressional Leaders, were briefed on CIA interrogation
    techniques by the CIA. According to Michael Hayden, former Chief of the CIA and then, Head of the NSA and CSS. Pelosi new of the Waterboarding and what's more, in that briefing, she actually asked if the Intelligence Community was doing enough to get the necessary information from these terrorists.

In addition, Joe Biden, who has served as head of the Foerign Relations Committee for time on end, who has been on the subcommitte for Homeland Security, who is also a leading member of the U.S. Judiciary Committee and is considered by President Obama (not by me) the Presidents leading authority on Middle Eastern Security, new of the methods being used to interrogate terrorists. He also new of these methods, prior to 2002. This technique has been used by our government for a very long time and many of the leading Government officials who are pushing for this whole thing were fully aware of it's usage long before recent events yet they never said a word about it. Never protested it and never tried to prosecute former administrations for it.

Everybody new and nobody had a problem with it until it became politically convenient to do so.

Those are the facts and they can not be disputed.
  16. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,961 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Well, if I was targeted by Liberals on torture charges, I would just say the same as Pelosi and Graham, I don't recall. Hey if it works for members of congress it should also be true for anyone else.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,642 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    I Don't recall worked well for a good past President as well.

But I don't really care because it is Pelosi and she is terrible and if I had my way would be removed from her position. So...to heck with her.:laugh1:
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ok, Kevin Bacon
  19. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I cant stand her.

[IMG]

There was no reason to lie. The truth was going to come out.
  20. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received