1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Penn St. put on notice regarding accreditation

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Kangaroo, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It is beyond absurd now. These people are now making an arse of themselve with this stuff. Totally ridiculous.
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,880 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    if any school has ever needed to just shut up, it is psu.

their own investigations have brought forth the most heinous allegations possible. they are now the proud former long-time employer of a child sex offender.

and they still wont shut up an just apologize profusely and move on.

challenging sanctions? really? how stupid.
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This may not be the end for Penn State because when this all broke there was talk of the Government getting involved. The NCAA slap may have kept those dogs at bay because they where hit hard. Then again who knows with the Government.

We know an onslaught of lawsuits will be coming hear in the near future.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Oh, it is so horrible that they want to monitor Penn State to make sure they follow through on their obligations. That is end of the world type stuff.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,241 Messages
    4,571 Likes Received
    State Pen, and it's fans, just needs to shut the heck up, quit acting all butt hurt and just realize they could have had it MUCH worse. The quicker they shut up about it the quicker this thing blows over...the more they whine about it the longer it stays in the news.

The school, by proxy of it's past leadership, screwed up big time and now the school, students and fans have to pay for it. Woe is me. Instead of being mad at the leadership that let this happen the fans are mad at those sending out the punishment...that tells you all you have to know about that attitude that permeated State Pen and got it in trouble in the first place.

Disgusting that anyone would continue to complain about the punishments this school got when the truth is they could have had 4 complete years of no football at all...personally at first I thought the punishments handed down were fair...after hearing people at that school and it's fans still complain and defend...I think they did not punish them enough.

Sickening.
  7. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Who is?
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No, what is sickening is that people somehow thinks that a child molester from decades ago has any bearing on the ability of entire college to teach students.

And we aren't the ones that need to shut up. People need to stop acting like this was a university wide issue. Stupid people just want to make themselves look all important and it is embarrassing to those who attempt this.
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Those piling on as if to say.."We hate child molesters as well." If you think this is anything more than just people with a grudge now just look at BP's post. Utter foolishness.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    This ....
  11. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,571 Likes Received
    The LEADERSHIP OF THAT SCHOOL...let that go on and covered it up. That is why a good portion of them have resigned, fired and/or are under criminal investigation.

The LEADERSHIP...people in high positions that help that school become the nationally recognized school that it has become over the years and anyone that thinks of Penn State associates it with Joe Pa and that football team.

If you are mad at anyone...be mad a those that did wrong and caused the school to be punished for their actions.

Quit whining about the innocents and quit acting like this whining is not Penn State bias because I can pretty much guarantee you that if this was another school that the penn state fans had no ties to or were rivals...they would not be so butthurt over this whole situation.

You penn state fans want to be mad...be mad at Sandusky, be mad at Joe Pa, be mad at Graham Spanier, be mad at Tim Curley, be mad at Gary Schultz.

Those are the ones the fans should be mad about.

But NOOOO you don't here the Penn State defenders constantly complaining or whining about those guys...no they whine about the institution getting punished for letting their leaders continually make pathetic decisions that allowed more young boys to be molested on it's campus and in it's showers.

Give me a break with the sanctimonious act. If I have seen have of the righteous anger for those men I named it might be different but I don't so spare me the act.

This is further proof of the mentality at Penn State that the football program is above all else and the leadership defending the football program is above all else.

Meanwhile you got a group of mean that either molested the boys or let the man who did molest them continue to molest them on school grounds and cover it up and they are not getting 1/100th of the ire that these penn state defenders are giving the NCAA governing body that punished them...woooe is me they are punishing innocent students. NO they are not punishing innocent students, they are punishing the SCHOOL for what the leaders of the SCHOOL let happen on their watch.

Deal with it.
  12. zrinkill

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Punish the students of Penn St. because they were victimized by a pedo.

Brilliant.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This is all anyone needs to read in this post to know where you are coming from. Yeah, screw the innocents. We want our blood from anyone and everyone. What's next BP? You want anyone who ever attended PSU to be punished? Maybe everyone should be put in jail since you don't care about the innocent who will be hurt.

You post is a perfect example what is wrong with this whole thing. And no, I won't shut up about it. I have every right to express my perspective. You may have the power to ban people who don't agree but I still have the right to defend my position. The nerve of a mod telling someone to shut up.

Absurd.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,571 Likes Received
    They are punishing the SCHOOL.

Where exactly in all of those reports did it say they punished Billy, or Joey, or Tommy or Judy...where is it in those reports where it said they punished individual students?

No...They punished the SCHOOL because of what the SCHOOL LEADERSHIP did and did not do.

Furthermore the students of Penn State were not victimized by a pedo, it was young men victimized by a pedo who WORKED for penn state and later was allowed to do his victimizing on PENN STATE property instead of being told to stay away by the LEADERS of PENN STATE.

Nice try though.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He is talking about PSU people thinking the football program is above all else but we aren't even talking about the football program or the punishment meted out to it. This is a whole different deal. He is so blind by his hate for PSU and his need to say "I HATE PEDOPHILES" he doesn't even know what he is talking about.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    LOL! Do you even know what losing accreditation means? And you don't think it would be punishing the students? Good Lord! :rolleyes:
  17. zrinkill

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    So the kids at the school are not affected by this? The football players are not affected by this?

:rolleyes:

Why thank you ...... it was easy actually.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,571 Likes Received
    Again...show me where the innocents aka normal student(s) have been punished. Please show me. You can't because they have not. Those that have been punished are the ones who committed the acts to be punished and they did so as the Leadership of the School so the school as a whole (actually mostly just the football program) have been punished.

I don't care if you don't stop whining or you do stop whining. That is something that is an opinion of how to help make this whole mess go away faster that does not seem to compute for the whining penn state fans.

If you want to question me as a mod or how this site is run, you can follow the rules and do so in PMs.
  19. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,571 Likes Received
    First of all this recent situation is not a punishment at all because they did NOT LOSE accreditation. So no student is punished because the school has not lost accreditation.

So we are back to what punishments actually HAVE happened. And to this point no individual student or students have been punished by the governing body...Just the school and the former school leadership.
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Keep posting this kind of stuff. You keep proving you don't know what you are talking about.