1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

People complaining about Romo's deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Aug 4, 2014.

1. snapper

snapper Active Member

259 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    16. Going on a date to a chick flick with a super model.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    and Peyton Manning is older coming off neck injury and Denver paid. I'm sorry I think Romo is a top QB he deserved the pay he got. Damn I think people3 want to go backwards to Hutchinson and Henson. Dallas has a very good QB that is not the problem this team faces and Romo contract is very much in line with other QB in this league
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    And Peyton is far better than Romo could ever imagine being. For all of the talk about how Romo doesn't have a defense, Peyton had terrible defenses at Indy and the Broncos defense was poor last year and he still wins divisions and playoff games.

If Romo was on Peyton's level, it would justify the contract. He's not even in the same galaxy.

I wouldn't even have a problem if the Romo deal was given at the age of 30 years old.

The issue doesn't revolve solely around Romo's quality of play. We didn't have to give him that big of an extension. He had years left on his contact and at his age...you're better off waiting to see what the market value is going to be. I think after the cyst removal and the back surgery this offseason...he wouldn't draw anywhere near the contract Jerruh gave him.

And nobody is bringing up Hutchinson or Henson or Carter or whomever.

YR
    Aurican likes this.
  4. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    and? I agree Peyton is better but does not change the fact that Peyton is older and coming off a very serious injury but Denver paid up at a tune much higher than Romo because as you said he is better but does not alter anything I said. Romo is still a quality QB and the pay is still in line.
  5. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Active Member

551 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    romo may be paid like it but he is not in the same level as brees brady manning or Rodgers.
  6. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,417 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    Romo GAVE the team a discount. He would have gotten 20m on the market. He only had 1 year lest when he signed the extension.

Romo may not be as good as Peyton, but he is prett darn good.

And the real value of the extension is 4yr/68m. Not top 5 or dangerous. They signed him to play QB for the next 5 years. All the talk of cutting or trading him or drafting another QB was smoke. The minute he signed the deal, we were committed. If he gets hurt we are doomed anyways, so who cares about the cap hit.
  7. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    They are paid more than him, Romo pay is not equal to Brady, Brees, Manning or Rodgers
  8. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,372 Messages
    847 Likes Received

Dalton has a 0-3 postseason record
    romo has a 1-4 postseason record. I guess we should be prouder than Bengal fans.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  9. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    The bigger question is what do we do with Romo's contract next year when he counts $27,773,000 against the cap with a dead money figure of $37,408,000? That's the issue with restructuring. We are currently sitting at $2,164,709 OVER the projected cap for next year. Besides Free's contract, there is not a lot of wiggle room. Carr and Claiborne give us no relief. We could save a big chunk by not resigning Melton, but we'd need an adequate replacement which we don't currently have.

If we stay responsible, we'll just eat Romos hit and not restructure. Hope he can make it through 2016 and then dump him. Meaning we will have to get a QB next year.
    TheXFactor likes this.
  10. coach steele

coach steele Active Member

119 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Actually Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs. Matt Ryan is 1-4.
  11. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    They've both accomplished about the same when it counts. Difference being, one is about done with his career, the other still has years left.
    PA Cowboy Fan and Yakuza Rich like this.
  12. GimmeTheBall!

13,372 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    Yeth 1-3 he is and we're goldarned proud of it.
  13. GimmeTheBall!

13,372 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    correction. I-3 for Romo. Thanks to CoachSteel.

Sorry, I overstated Romo's overall futility in the playoffs.
  14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,436 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Yes, but those who wish to discredit Romo give no credence to the fact that it takes a good QB and a good team to make the playoffs. The five teams who made it with top 10 defenses also have good quarterbacks.

Give Romo a top 10 defense last year or the year before and Dallas would have been in the playoffs.
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,436 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Can't argue with that. And fans expecting to magically find the next one of those need to get in line with those of 20-plus other franchises.

Instead of wishing and hoping for that kind of luck, they should be getting behind a quarterback who is good enough to lead his team into the playoffs and possible further if his team gives him a decent defense.
  16. phildadon86

phildadon86 Active Member

548 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Pretty sure he laid a whooping on Philly 2 games in a row and won us our first playoff game in 17 years. But hey what do I know.
  17. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Active Member

551 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    with this defense tony does not have very good shot to ever see much playoff success with his age they have wasted his time away
  18. GimmeTheBall!

13,372 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    I love it when a player is selfless and gives the team a discount. Cowboys should build a statue to Romo outside of the Stadium.
  19. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

775 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    A quarterback with a bad back and over $100 million paycheck. What is wrong with this scenario? This is not going to end good for the Cowboys.
  20. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,907 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    It hasn't been good for the Cowboys in quite awhile so what else is new?