1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Per Jerry: A certain DE is near the top of our board

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,792 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I think that too remember before last year's draft and the emergence of Miles Austin, JJ insisted during countless interviews that the team wasn't taking a WR because in his mind that was a strength of the team at the time and when draft night came BAM!! Dez Bryant was drafted so take anything JJ says with a grain of salt.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,509 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    Too much smoke going around this kid and Dallas..Mosley, Broaddus, and now (at least I think) Jerry
  3. GloryDaysRBack

9,509 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    I think a move up for Peterson is the only other option..barring another team taking Watt
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    In all seriousness, Jordan is much more explosive than Watt is.

Watt is probably the prototypical 3-4 DE though.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Just curious. I clearly think he is an option I just tend not to believe much of what any of the teams are saying right now.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    It is not just Jerry, why would any owner tell everyone what he will do on draft day? I do think the Cowboys have some players in mind depending on how the board falls and who is willing to offer up a deal.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Dez was being linked to the Cowboys quite a bit at the time and everyone knew the Cowboys liked him immensely, he had a private dinner with Jerry, but no one could have expected, much less counted on Dez falling as far as he did where the Cowboys had a realistic chance to trade up to get him without giving up the farm.

In his pre-draft press conference last year, not only did Jerry not exclude the possibility of drafting Dez, but he was point blank asked if there were any concerns about drafting Dez given his personal problems and he quickly and emphatically said "No!".

All in all, if you follow the Cowboys and the local Dallas media, it's generally pretty easy to tell who the Cowboys really like in the first round. Norm has his little birdie in the Ranch, as does Matt Mosely. Recently, Bob Sturm seems to have developed a pretty good source, and he was saying last year the Cowboys absolutely loved Sean Lee. They start dropping names around this time, and they're generally always on target. The only variable is whether the draft falls the way people expect it to with the picks ahead of the Cowboys, but generally the Cowboys picks themselves are rather anti-climatic ... the worst being Felix Jones, when everyone and their dog started linking him to the Cowboys in February. Maybe Garrett is changing that, the way he's changing training camp schedules and any number of things, and the Cowboys are using more smoke screens.
  8. GloryDaysRBack

9,509 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    That is obviously the kicker in all of this

If the draft goes the way it's expected to, I think Watt is our guy

However, as we all know..the draft is an absolute crap shoot and it is probably more likely that it doesn't go as expected
  9. Outtayourleague

Outtayourleague New Member

201 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is there any possible way this could be quinn?
  10. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,991 Messages
    140 Likes Received
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    he looks stupid and anyone that believed him looks even dumber