1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Per Mort: Chip Kelly is the new Coach of the Eagles

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Bowdown27, Jan 16, 2013.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....Carroll had NFL experience and so did Harbaugh: plus they both PLAYED and had that credibility. Kelly is a fat lil' troll. He'll be gone in 2 years IMO.
  2. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    It is certainly thrown around too much, but I think Belichick deserves that label.
  3. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,439 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    This.

And again Garrett is STILL the worst coach in the NFC East.
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Kelly played small division college football just like Bill Belichick.
  5. surfernia

surfernia New Member

10 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NFC East is about to get to a whole new level. It just had to be NFC East to be the beast of the NFL. Only can imagine more exciting rivalries to come.
  6. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I don't really care if Kelly does well, if the Giants bounce back, if RGIII stays healthy.

I just want the Cowboys to put together a consistently good team.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,052 Messages
    2,290 Likes Received
    I really hope I was wrong about 2 months ago and that the NFL isn't headed in a different direction because if it is and we're still stuck in the mud than it's going to take us a couple years just to play catch up.
  8. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..........great post. He had HUGE speed mismatches and PACE mismatches on the field. NFL refs won't RUN at break neck speed to spot the ball: guys will get hurt, guys will fake getting hurt and it will all slow down,and they WILL have to huddle up at times. I will also say that Oregon didn't have alot of success against the pro style teams it played: Stanford, Ohio State, etc....the defenses in the Pac 12 :including U$c LED BY Grandpa Kiffin, were horrific. A pro style D' can mash an offense like this. Plus....defenses WILL adjust to all this gimmicky crap too: RG3, Russell WIlson and Kaepernick will be shocked at some of the defenses they see rolled out next season; there WILL be adjustments and quickly.

...but can a guy like KIFFIN adjust? Doubtful based on what his teams at Tennessee and U$C did vs. these high octane offenses
  9. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...then the defenses adjusted and stopped them: starting with Dallas.
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    IMHO, the Tampa 4-3 is a much better defense to defend the read option than the 3-4. You need small fast LBs who can chase sideline to sideline, not 255 lbs. Bradie James/Brandon Spikes/Larry Foote/Ted Johnson playing gap control. You also need fast DEs running up field to funnel everything inside to be cleaned up by persuit, not Ty Warren or Kenyon Coleman playing read and react 2 gap.

Also, college field makes it easier to use spread offenses because of the hash marks splits. Offenses have 12 more feet to use to run to the field side.
  11. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,170 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    If so, then we wouldn't be the only ones.
  12. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Are the Eagles trying to replicate every mistake the Redskins have made? Mind you, I would not mind seeing them in the basement every year, but I thought the Skins showed what not to do very well prior to the Shanahan/Allen hire.

1) don't pay big bucks for the media doll at the start of FA
    2) don't hire a college coach with minimal to no NFL experience.
    3) don't ignore importance of OL/DL in drafts

there are probably so many more ways that they are following in our footsteps. I hope they flounder around in the basement the next couple(dozen) years!!!
  13. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
  14. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

878 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Yes they Sea/Chi were very competitve with pretty much the opposite personell types that we presently have on D. It will take a while to acquire the pieces.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    So it's the personnel, not that the scheme is outdated.

Congrats, goalposts successfully moved.
  16. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,174 Messages
    2,380 Likes Received
    The wildcat worked for a bit, too.

The league will figure this out and QBs will get hurt. Wilson might still work because he's built like a running back, but Kaepernick will get broken in half in this league.

And when your read option QB gets hurt, then what do you run? Can you get TWO read option guys?

It's a gimmicky offense that will end soon. Notice how Vick has never made it through seasons without getting hurt. RG3 didn't. Kaepernick probably wouldn't have if he played earlier.

It'll get figured out.
  17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    And then the offenses adjusted and ran better versions..as I said above, his system will work in the NFL...until the Ds catch up again. The more the NFL turns towards flag football, the more we will see these offenses.
  18. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,174 Messages
    2,380 Likes Received
    Keep your eyes out for NCAA sanctions against Oregon.

Why did Kelly change his mind? Why did Phil Knight let him get away?
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,691 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    Yes over that guy in Texas funneling them players. Sanctions expected.
  20. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Harbaugh played in the NFL and coached year in the NFL

Pete Carroll was a HC twice before in the NFL before going to the college ranks to rebuild his reputation.

All those guys spent a lot of years in the NFL prior.

Jimmy is the loan exception in that group