1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Per Mort: Chip Kelly is the new Coach of the Eagles

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Bowdown27, Jan 16, 2013.

1. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    2,054 Likes Received
    Phil Knight would have written any check necessary, and Kelly turned down the job once already.

Something is up, it seems. Could be just that, NCAA sanctions headed Oregon's way.
  2. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,776 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    I could be wrong, I often am, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping his USC problems were due to lack of talent from the NCAA sanctions. We've got two linebackers that excel in pass coverage, an elite pass rusher, and two talented cornerbacks. They just said today that he may keep all of the assistants who have experience against our division.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...you're right: leap of faith though....I mean....Jim Johnson was good with the Eagles and he was older. Fingers crossed I guess.:rolleyes:
  4. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Good post. They also make your corner and nickle corner really tackle well.

Stanford stopped them in a 3-4 and Auburn stopped them in a 4-3. You need disciplined players and practice against the looks.
  5. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,750 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I know Sean Lee will be a perfect fit in this scheme if healthy and as for Carter I haven't seen enough of him yet to determine what type of player he will be due to his injuries.
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,889 Messages
    2,364 Likes Received

I don't know... it sure looked like a truck driver was coaching them against San Francisco.
  7. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    i will say this, im worried about this new generation offense, whether its the read option, hurry up or no huddle offense, there is some very nice pieces in Philly for Kelly to implement his system. I'm sure Vick can run the read option because he has a good RB in McCoy, has dangerous WR's in Jackson and Maclin.

The read option has made it to the NFC Championship, and there is no telling where it goes from here.
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    2,054 Likes Received
    Vick will be on IR by halftime of the first game of the season. This offense is designed to get your quarterback decapitated.

I find it odd, after all the years of heartbreak with McNabb and Vick, that Lurie would decide for this approach. You'd think he'd want to try something different.

This hire set the Eagles back several years, especially if they're dumb enough to take Geno Smith at No. 4.
  9. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,067 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    They can't run around a 33 year old, glass jaw Vick in a read-option. He won't make it out of the first quarter.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    2,054 Likes Received
    This reminds me of when Paul Westhead took his Loyola Marymout style to the Denver Nuggets. I mostly remember the Phoenix Suns scoring 107 points against him in a HALF.
  11. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not really.. it's just that the AFC sucked during those years and DBs could actually play the WRs.

If DBs could play today like they did back then, none of these offenses would work well and WRs like Wes Welker would be blown off the LOS and abused.
  12. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,512 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    don't think it'll work out which would be great from a Cowboys perspective.
    I hope Oregon goes back to being a crummy program too.
  13. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

353 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I hope you are right on both accounts.
  14. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Dallas better get in shape as Kelly and Vick are a good fit and create lots of pressure on defenses.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,789 Messages
    2,524 Likes Received
    Gotta be 4 or 5 by now. In before merge.
  16. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
  17. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Shut up, w/ sugar on top.
  18. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    every year our fans get scared from the eagles. how has that worked? or is this like every analysist picking the Lions, sooner or later they might win one?

why do you guys fear Philly so much? I ask this every year and no one can tell me or look at the evidence and say "maybe we shouldnt be scared just yet"
  19. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Maurice Jones-Drew tweet....

Maurice Jones-Drew ‏@Jones_Drew32
    Chip Kelly wasn't gonna let Monte Kiffin get away that easy lol

I'm thinking we grab a play-making safety in the draft... USC's TJ McDonald...Eric Reid...maybe a free agent Jairus Byrd?
  20. Bevo

Bevo Member

110 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Chip Kelly is the right coach for Michael Vick and the Philly Offense.