1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Percy Harvin on the Block

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Offsides, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,629 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Haha...headache, Percy Harvin...get it?

I'm so immature
  2. playmakers

playmakers Active Member

1,147 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Harvin is the best player in the NFL that no one knows. I didn't realize it until I had him in FF a few yrs ago. Big fan since. I'm a Cowboys fan but if we got Harvin for Austin we win. He's not really a head case, he has some Michael Irvin in him as far as wanting to win. Jimmy Johnson would take this guy for these reasons

1. He might be the fastest player in the game while in pads. Jimmy loved speed.
    2. He has that will to win like I said of Irvin.
    3. Returns kicks, punts etc
    4. Tough guy. Through all those headaches he never missed much football and if I remember correctly, when he broke his ankle this year he went back in the game and played in severe pain.

Miles Austin

1. Soft
    2. Gets injured and it seems it gets prolonged
    3. No special teams. I know he was a returner and that's what got him here. His ego wouldn't dare let him come back to ST.
    4. I think he's a premondonna. He got paid now that extra yard isn't as important as it was.
    5. He doesn't have what the players refer to as "the dawg" in him like a Dez Bryant.

Equals= that's why Jimmy won Superbowls and we can't get over 500.

I really think after this season we just had and if there was no cap, Jimmy would cut Austin and sign someone off plan B. haha. It would lose the country club style we have.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Oh god.

Miles doesn't have the dawg in him.

Good grief.

The dawg.....
  4. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

804 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Deep threat? Dude had a total of 23 yards thrown over 20 yards last year...
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    Harvin's yards per reception has gone each season(13.2, 12.2, 11.1, 10.9) and has a career average of 11.8. I don't know how that correlates into great deep threat. He has missed 10 games in his four year career, which is more than what Austin has missed in the past 4 years.
  6. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,355 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    He's not even close to a top 5 receiver. There are so many really good receivers out there that aren't even top 5 before I even get to Harvin.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,456 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    They are both one of the very best at their positions when healthy.

I just don't trust either guy to stay healthy so i'd just stick with what we have.

I also don't think Harvin would fit in here. We'd get him and he wouldn't see the ball enough.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,456 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    That is your opinion, I used to think the same thing, then I got him on my fantasy team and started watching a lot more Vikings games because of it and the guy is a monster.

He gets open every play it seems.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Nevermind all that, he is a dawg.

I mean you aint crap until u get deactivated for the reamainder of the season by the head coach because of your behavior.

The guy has had run ins with both brad childress and leslie frazier. They deactivated him and called it an ankle injury in a year where they went to the playoffs.

Come on. Teams dont trade michael irvin's or whatever people in this thread are saying he is.

the last thing this team needs is to take austin a good locker room guy and a good player who has a good relationship with romo and insert a problem child.

last night moose was on the score with babe and he said one of the things this team needs is more togetherness like they had in the 90s. He said it is hard to have in this era because of the salary cap and movement but he said he saw some of it in this team late in the year.

Yet some want to get rid of austin because he is not a dawg.

that is right up there with getting rid of romo because he is not tall.
  10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,588 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    We has him in our 'box' on draft day along with guys like Desean Jackson, basically meaning they're undraftable because of character.

This is football not church guys.

Couldn't have gotten him anyway cause we traded our 1st that year to Detroit.
  11. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,355 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    Well that's not an opinion that's a fact. Please tell me which of these receivers Harvin is better than. The guy doesn't even have an 1000 yard season under his belt and hasn't scored more than 6 TD's in a season. There is no way that guy comes close to top 5.
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Calvin johnson
    Andre Johnson
    Brandon marshall
    Roddy white
    Vincent jackson
    Aj green
    dez bryant
    julio jones
    demarius thomas
    Reggie Wayne
    Wes Welker
  12. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,396 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I think Harvin would be an amazing fit in Philly. Possibly Washington too ( Too expensive for the Redskins though).

I don't know that he really fits in here with Austin.
    People forget that he also averages over 6 yards per carry. One of the best Kick returners in the game (someone said something about Punt returns...I can't recall him ever returning a punt), and is a threat as a WR in any spot.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,456 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received

He can't stay healthy. That is the only reason. Well... No QB as eitherl.
  14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Disagree. Love this guy. His injury concerns are way overblown as up until last year he had only missed one game due to the migraines. 2 years back he was the most productive WR in the league the 2nd half of the year..the TOP.. and started the same last year..some saying he was in the MVP talk for all he did...until the injury. The guy is incredibly talented a top WR.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/64441/percy-harvin-and-the-mvp-race

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1376111-nfl-awards-percy-harvin-and-7-surprising-mvp-candidates

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-harvin-could-be-legitimate-nfl-mvp-candidate

I
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,456 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    My problem is I have no faith in Garrett to get him the ball as consistently as he does now.

Harvin, like Dez, & Austin, don't need to catch the ball 20 yards down field to make an impact but that is what he will be if he gets brought here.

I think you have to be a little innovative as a coach with that type of player and we'll use him just like we would use any other receiver.
  16. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why trade for Harvin when Josh Cribbs is a free agent. Cribbs is a better returner, might be the best kick coverage player in the NFL and is probably his equal as a offensive threat even if Cleveland's anemic offense didn't allow him to show it.
  17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    True. I just wanted to show people what the guy has since there is always this false assumption that he is injures or not making enough plays. The guy from the second half of 2011 to his injury was a/the top WR in the NFL for making plays. But as you said, you have to get it in his hands and let him work vs making him run patterns down field.
  18. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I would trade Austin and a 3rd to Minnesota for Harvin in a heartbeat, although I have concerns about adding yet another injury-prone starter (not that it would be much worse than Austin). Not sure that gets the deal done, though.

He's a special player.
  19. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Not even close. Cribbs was an electric return man, but as an offensive weapon, even in a scheme that was an excellent match, Cribbs isn't even in the same solar system as Harvin.
  20. playmakers

playmakers Active Member

1,147 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Don't forget when you look at those stats you look at rushing. In 2011 I think he put up almost a grand receiving and 345 yards rushing, with 8tds. So that's 1300 plus and 8 tds when combined. He was on the same pace this year.