1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Percy Harvin on the Block

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Offsides, Feb 10, 2013.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,894 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    I've used it because it was reported in about every outlet I looked at. I'm not sure if they were going on fantasy numbers where they were running his yardage, TDs, kick return yardage, etc or what(possibility considering some of these guys write for both normal publications and do fantasy news..like NBC) but it is what I read on multiple sites. The articles I posted earlier weren't just made up regarding his touches and averages...something that was going up but you ignored earlier. Again, I'm not advocating bringing the guy in. I just think people are finding ridiculous reasons why he isn't good.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-harvin-could-be-legitimate-nfl-mvp-candidate
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,481 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    I haven't ignored anything. I think he is a good player. I don't think he is a great player.
  3. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

932 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I apologize if I came at you wrong too but I'm not here to start up stuff and I know you weren't trying to. I only took your reply as a fact and not as a personal attack. I just wanted to support my opinion.

I agree on that part but there are some theories. Some fans think that he didn't want to get back on the field because he was a stud for the Vikings up until the injury. If he came back, he feared of getting hurt again or not being as productive that he won't get that megadeal that he was seeking.

If he was so good of a player, I feel the Vikings would want to keep him. They were right on releasing Ray Edwards, maybe they are right about Harvin.
  4. HoustonFrog

1,894 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    What you say could be true. I keep hearing about his attitude but up until the injury he seemed willing to do whatever they asked....returner, RB, WR. I think in the right system he will put someone over the top. I couldn't imagine SF or the Pats with him. That would be scary.
  5. HoustonFrog

1,894 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Listen, I have no issue with your opinion. I just think that he showed he could be a top dog in late 2011 and 2012. Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to bicker with you. I just think the guy, with 16 games be used right, will be huge. I can see NE using him as a guy they can throw to like Welker but that can bust more open or someone who takes pressure off Crabtree in SF and ends up being huge because he can work with Kaepernick in the read option and in the passing game.
  6. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,813 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Might want to consider scrolling down before posting a new thread :laugh2:
  8. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Not the first time i missed, most likely not the last either. Mods please delete.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,382 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    Two big questions come to mind regarding Harvin:
    Will he be a distraction due to his "issues"?
    Will he cost too much?

There is no question, imo, regarding his talent. This guy is incredibly good, and at this stage, much better than Miles.
    jmo
  10. muck4doo

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Dez and Harvin would be unbeatable. I so much want to see this happen. We can march down the field 20 yards at a time.
  11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,269 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Did you know that the Cowboys didn't have him as draftable when he came out. He was what they called "in the box".
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,813 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Haha, happens to the best of us