1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pete Prisco on Cowboys, Romo deal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 29, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,068 Likes Received
    Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS 28m
    I love the Romo extension. I am a Romo believer -- unlike most. He takes way too much crap.

Had same numbers at Flacco last year in regular season with dog meat around him

He carried a garbage team too last year.

Romo has 59 TD passes the past two seasons. That's way more than Flacco's 42. Only five QBs have more past two seasons.

That extension for Romo will be a three-year deal. Don't get caught up in the numbers.

Flacco is the mad bomber and Romo isn't. Yet Romo YPA way better past two years. Way better.

Beating up on Romo is a blood sport of sorts. Sick.
  2. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Well-Known Member

2,048 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    I agree with Prisco.
  3. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,050 Messages
    528 Likes Received
  4. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,136 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Prisco takes a lot of heat from other media members, but I got to say I agree with him most of the time. He doesn't group-think and I know he spends a lot of time watching the tape.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I don't agree with the "garbage team" comment. He has a garbage line, which led to a garbage running game, but he has a quality receiving group.

There are also a lot of quality players on that defense, but too many injuries made it garbage when Dallas needed it to step up the most.

And Romo did have his garbage moments last year, but with more support from the running game and the defense, those few bad games/decisions wouldn't have mattered (and possibly wouldn't have happened).
  6. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,170 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Defense hasn't done much to help win games the past couple years. What they force, like 12 turnovers last season?
  7. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,050 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    That is debatable. Dez didnt turn it on until the second half of the season and Miles was, well, injured most of the time as usual. Not to mention we lost his most trusted receiver in Robinson last off season.
  8. gimmesix

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    He has one of the top tight ends in the game to throw to, and Bryant really stepped it up the second half. Granted, I agree that we didn't get much from Bryant the first half, Austin struggled through injuries and it took Dallas too long to find a third receiver (relying on Ogletree hurt us again).

However, the receiving group isn't the reason Dallas went 8-8. It was not garbage last year.
  9. gimmesix

9,468 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Well, that's the main reason given for the change. However, I've always been more bothered with Dallas' inability to protect a lead. Too often the game is put on Romo's shoulders, and when he comes through (as he does more often than not), the game is put right back on his shoulders again.

If that changes and Dallas gets enough of a running game for it to be a threat, then Romo can take this team all the way. ... I think the defense is headed that way, but the offense won't be until the line is bolstered.
  10. LynnFoster

LynnFoster Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This was the actual list of tweets:

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS 28m

I love the Romo extension. I am a Romo believer -- unlike most. He takes way too much crap. The following list of 67 posters at CowboyZone piss me off:
  11. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,987 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Romo's situation is a lot like Archie Manning's. Rotten luck and lack of help.

Marino too. After Marino's first year, what did he do? I always felt for him because it seemed like the Dolphins never tried to help him with any kind of running game.
  12. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

914 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    It is so time to quit following this moron on twitter. Tweets crap..and nothing but:(
  13. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Ditto, Pete.
  14. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,507 Messages
    409 Likes Received

:bow:
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,775 Messages
    10,076 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more.
  16. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,898 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    Well said, Pete. Probably a bit too advanced of analysis for Romo haters in his tweets though with the whole YPA thing... they can't grasp much beyond QB wins.
  17. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Oh, really?

Jason Witten, Dez Bryant, DeMarco Murray = dog meat.

Got it.. keep the excuse train runnin fellas.
  18. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,138 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Frisco loves 8 and 8, and no playoffs. here's to Frisco and Romo, and more 8 and 8's and no playoffs.
  19. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    is Romo responsible for that?
  20. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,138 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    He among others. this team is not good enough to win a super Bowl with these core players. and Romo is a big part of that problem.he will continue to choke and lose big games.