1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pete Schrager mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Dec 19, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,646 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    18. Dallas Cowboys: Chance Warmack, Offensive guard, Alabama

Tony Romo’s having yet another strong statistical season, playing behind a below-average offensive line. Doug Free hasn’t been the player the Cowboys thought he’d be when they rewarded him with a big contract. Tyron Smith seemed to be called for a false start on every other play from scrimmage this season. Injuries stung, but there needs to be more good, young linemen protecting Romo. Warmack can play guard or center and he can play them in the big leagues right now

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...kel-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Bjoern-Werner-121812

Didnt know Warmack had played C for those worried about his height.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,646 Messages
    1,480 Likes Received
    Looks like Schrager has a lot higher opinion of Damontre Moore than Russ Lande.
  3. chuch

chuch Member

49 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm wondering what this is about. Moore has just about everything you look for in a pass rusher. Though, I don't give as much weight to Russ Lande's assessment of players as I did Wes Bunting's.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,654 Messages
    5,800 Likes Received
    All of his starts have been at LG.

Here is a quote from him in a article dated Oct. 2012.

“Oh, yes,” he said. “I think if the role is put on me, I would play center. It’s all about what the team needs.”
  5. xwalker

13,654 Messages
    5,800 Likes Received
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Not really worried about his height. Im more worried about how lethargic he plays.

I'll take Cooper over him.
  7. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,848 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I like Cooper too.

Glennon in the top-ten. Interesting.
  8. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Interesting that Peter Schrager has Te'o going to the Steelers right before we pick. If he is still on the board when we're on the clock, you absolutely have to consider taking him, if not trading back. However, in a situation like that I think you try Carter at Spencer's spot.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    Tyler Wilson at 14?
  10. xwalker

13,654 Messages
    5,800 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys were at #17 in Schrager's scenario, then they should try to trade down with somebody that wants Te'o. Warmack, Cooper and Dallas Thomas would all still be on the board at that point with a good chance that at least 1 is still available where the Cowboys would be picking.