1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Peter King's 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by johnnyd, Apr 20, 2012.

1. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    14 S Mark Barron Alabama Sr. 6-2 218

(Should pick: Mark Barron). I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas trade up to make sure it gets Barron, perhaps with Kansas City at 11. The Cowboys have no identity in the secondary. No big-time players either. Barron would immediately boost a unit that's been beaten down -- and provide the kind of tackler at safety that the 'Boys haven't had since Darren Woodson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...mock.draft/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0
  2. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,724 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Damnit he just had to throw in the Darren Woodson comparison...
  3. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    There you go. I've noticed that King seems to be able to get an inside scoop on the Cowboys. Pretty much what Barron supporters have been saying. We need a leader in the secondary.

Kendall Wright to the Bears. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do very well as an NFL receiver.
  4. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,643 Messages
    64 Likes Received

I've seen him compared to Landry, Adrian Wilson, and Deon Grant.
  5. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    I thought Barron at 14 is a slight reach, but trading up for him? That's what you'd call overpaying for a player and spending too much on need vice drafting BPA on your board where you are. I think we're more inclined to trade down. Although I think it will be a buyer's market this year to trade up as I hear tons of teams are interested in trading down. The only trade up I'd do this year would be with Indy for Luck. Other than that, be just fine trading down and adding another 2nd or 3rd round pick.
  6. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Carr is a big time player in my eyes. But adding him and Barron would be a nice upgrade from the last few years.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,910 Messages
    3,367 Likes Received
    I'd snap if Dallas traded up for a safety.
  8. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,202 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    i would also be very upset and curse like crazy if that happens.
  9. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

950 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    What a lame idea by King.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,976 Messages
    4,951 Likes Received
    I don't see us trading up for Barron. He will probably be there at 14. I'm more interested in Poe and Ingram.
  11. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Oh puleez! lol. NO NO NO !

No friggin way we trade UP for baron. For the love of gawd tell me this guy is drunk or on drugs.

There is almost no way we wont have a very very good player at a position of need available at 14 and we way have to many holes to fill right give away what we would have to to move up to even 11.

Tex