1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Peterson and Jeffries for Forte and Dez?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by ChldsPlay, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,407 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    I got saddled with the #1 pick in a recent draft, which isn't ideal IMO, and I took Peterson. I was hoping Dez would fall to 20, but he went at 15. I ended up getting Jeffries. The guy who took Dez got Forte with his #5 pick, so I'm considering offering Peterson and Jeffries for Forte and Dez. I think the difference between Dez and Jeffries this year (especially with TDs) will be more than between Peterson and Forte.

Any opinions?
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,557 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Yes I would.
    Though you're fine with you already have, some think Forte could outscore AP outright this year (or come close). I love Jefferies, but not nearly as much as Dez.
  3. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,196 Messages
    947 Likes Received
    Well, I value Forte a lot higher than Peterson and Dez a vast amount higher than Jeffery, so yeah, I'd make that trade. I can't imagine your opponent agreeing to it, though.
  4. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    I think it's pretty close, and I'm a cowboy fan, so I'd have to go with Dez/Forte.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,109 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Is it a PPR league? If so, Fortes value is increased more so than AP's.
    MichaelWinicki likes this.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    Yep, I bypassed AP in both of the PPR leagues I was in. The lack of pass receptions makes for a poor value.

I took AP first overall last year and paid the price. o_O
  7. Sarge

21,109 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Norv will probably get him the ball outta the backfield a little more, but minimally so.
  8. MichaelWinicki

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    I never played fantasy football until 2 seasons ago.

And I never checked the rules for scoring points. I figured it was like the NFL with points for TD's and points for yards rushed, received and passed.

I didn't know the difference between standard scoring leagues and PPR leagues. That first season I had AP and Alfred Morris as my starting backs and with AP having a terrific season I ended up 2nd (even though Alfred Morris, much to my ignorance on the topic wasn't all-that in the PPR league I was in).

Even at the beginning of last season I was still ignorant of the fact that receptions were worth a point and that I should have taken McCoy in the first round and not AP. I compounded the error by taking Tom Brady way too early (who made his selection even worse by having an awful season).

Well... This season I've learned my lesson (maybe). LOL!
  9. Sarge

21,109 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    If you're in a PPR league, keep a very close eye on Andre Ellington this year. He can be had In the third round this year and I think he is in for a huge year.
  10. MichaelWinicki

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    I have him in one league.

I admit I peed my pants and took him early (17th). I think he's going to out perform his projections.

I was going back & forth on taking him. All the full time backs that were going to pad their stats with a decent # of receptions were gone by that point. I could have taken a WR and I looked at the backs available at #23 then and it was an ugly list... guys like Morris, Stacy. I ended up taking Antonio Brown at #23.

If Ellington doesn't get 300 touches, I'm going to rue that selection! LOL!

But I think he will. A lot of carries and a lot of receptions.
  11. Sarge

21,109 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Sounds like you got a good handle on it. My draft in my "money league" is tomorrow night. Good luck!
  12. MichaelWinicki

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    LOL!

How many teams Sarge?

When do you find out your draft position?
  13. Sarge

21,109 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    I am picking 8th out of 14. $350 entry fee, winner take all. I am in 4 leagues total, but this is the only one I care about. I have won it 3 times since 2007. ;)
  14. MichaelWinicki

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    LOL!

I'll have to get a little more confidence to start laying down some green.
  15. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,851 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    Look at you, ole' high roller. You'd make me go broke playing with you, I'd lose my car and everything. :D