1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Brandon Carr is “fed up” with Giants success

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by wittenacious, Sep 4, 2012.

1. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brandon Carr sets the tone for how the Dallas Cowboys feel about the NY Giants:

Posted by Josh Alper on September 4, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT

“[The Giants] have had great success, winning two Super Bowls in five years, and I think guys are kind of getting tired of seeing that. Now it’s to the point guys are getting fed up. It’s pretty much the attitude, ‘When is it going to be our time?’” Carr said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “I can feel the anticipation. I’ve been hearing about [the Giants] for a long time now, and we’re all just ready to go out there and play them. We love getting the first crack at the defending Super Bowl champions.”

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/brandon-carr-is-fed-up-with-giants-success/

I just flat love the fact that Brandon Carr is a Dallas Cowboy. Great get. Great things ahead from him. He exhibits the kind of mental toughness and CB play we have been lacking for awhile now. Carr and Claiborne will do us proud along the way. Hope it starts Wednesday night.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,873 Messages
    3,342 Likes Received
    Yeah well that makes two of us.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,412 Messages
    2,291 Likes Received
    Like Ric Flair says, "To be the man you gotta beat the man."
  4. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And it's true. Bring 'em (NY Giants) on. Take 'em down. Go Cowboys!
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    As much as I loathe the NYFG. They have been a very solid team, especially late in the year. You can't take anything from them.

Now just go out and step on their throats ...........and take their souls.

Go Cowboys !!

[IMG]
  6. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he also adds "Wooooooo" to the beginning and end. :)
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,342 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    That's the Nature Boy for ya!
  8. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    love this guys attitude, Dallas needs more of that
  9. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    After we win tomorrow night it will be more like:

"Whether you like it or not, you better learn to love it! 'Cause it's the best thing going to day! WOOOOO!"

:laugh2:
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,005 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,043 Messages
    3,280 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:
  12. BrAinPaiNt

60,043 Messages
    3,280 Likes Received
    I have heard plenty of talk the last few years about how this person or that person is fed up, tired, needs to change and blah blah blah.

I say less talk, more walk.

Go out there and let the actions speak louder than the words.
  13. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He got asked a question what do you expect him to say? I love his attitude. Much better and different than Newman's.
  14. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I see a lot of this sort of posted sentiment: "Less talk, more walk" Show me, don't tell me." And the like.

So, would it be preferable if our guys didn't talk about their personal outlooks in a positive way, whenever interviewed by reporters, until after the team has shown they can win in the post season? Maybe so. But since this is Brandon Carr's first season with the Cowboys, I thought that might make a slight difference in the way it was received. IDK.

Sorry it didn't do anything for you, BP. I understand where you're coming from. :)
  15. MichaelWinicki

31,412 Messages
    2,291 Likes Received
    :bow:

Do you know who Ric had dye his hair blond the first time?

The then wife of Wayne Coleman.

You would know him as "Superstar" Billy Graham.
  16. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Flair is a true legend and one of the best guys to ever work the mic. The years he was part of the 4 horsemen were just legendary.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

60,043 Messages
    3,280 Likes Received
    They can say what he wants, he can answer the questions how he wants but all that talk amounts to a hill of beans if they don't back it up.

Not his fault really...he has not been on the team so he has no responsibilities for no part of the last few years.

I just want to hear some post game answers that said...Yes we talked the talk and we walked the walk...WHAT you going to do about it. Just total EARNED swagger.
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,721 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    I heart this thread.
  19. MichaelWinicki

31,412 Messages
    2,291 Likes Received
    I consider myself lucky in that I got to see him in the "meat" of his career from about 1978 (not long after he returned to wrestling after suffering a broken back due to an airplane crash) until about 1990.

One of our local stations carried "Mid-Atlantic Wrestling" until that region was merged with Georgia.

Flair always gave his all and was great at putting the other guy "over", but with Flair still winning the match.
  20. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,318 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Not really. I heard players saying we gotta do this and do that but I don't believe I heard any of our players saying they were fed up with losing to an opponent and things need to change.