1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Callahan becomes apparent compromise between Jones, Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joe Realist, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,938 Messages
    446 Likes Received
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    1,928 Likes Received
    One sentence in the article stood out:

"Regardless, Garrett has both been emasculated and placed on notice."

My immediate thought in how often I am hearing that term ("emasculated") lately as it relates to JG. Can't be a good thing.

I get the feeling that JG is the recipient of pity from the rest of the NFL coaching brotherhood -- OR scorn for being a push-over.
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    I would bet on sympathy. Jerry always swears the next time is going to be different with his head coach but then its deja vu all over again. He's like Lucy holding the football.
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Can this work?

Suppose it's a critical 4th and 1 late in the game. Bill wants to go for it, and JG says no lets punt. We lose. Does jerry ask Bill if he wanted to punt?

Don't see this ending well.
  5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,680 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    So what is hue Jackson going to be if he comes here ?
  6. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,292 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    The sports media agenda: create a myth and then reinforce it as if it's true.
  7. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Hue Jackson? I loved him in Les Mis! ;)
  8. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Lets hope Bill doesn't throw the Superbowl when we get to it.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    Inconvenient that they've been right on all counts so far...
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Norv called plays do you think Jimmy determined if we would go for it on 4th down? Give me a break.

Even if Garrett hands over the play calling of the game as HC he will still be very much involved with the game plan and with the in game calls.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,043 Messages
    2,273 Likes Received
    I feel like a lame duck season with Garrett getting fired is inevitable.

Although a Griffinless Washington is good because I felt like they were the only team that could potentially run off with the East.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,294 Messages
    1,465 Likes Received
    Oh no.. it is a REAL good thing. Means he will be out of here in 2014 when Dallas tanks this year.
  13. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    The OC just calls the plays, the HC decides what to do in those situations.
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,294 Messages
    1,465 Likes Received
    Wow... I'm agreeing with you more and more lately. I feel the same way about 2013. Mainly because Romo is our QB though. I just know this team can't go anywhere with him leading it. Unless he sees a shrink or something.

Griffinless Washington? Griffin is going to be ready for the 2013 season according to his doctors anyway.

Keep in mind Washington also had a 30th ranked passing defense last year and 27th overall on defense. They have a ton of holes. Griffin and Morris were able to hide those. Not sure that will be the case in 2013 though.
  15. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    That's just not the sports media, but that's a different topic for a different forum.

The media loves the Cowboys, especially if it paints us in a bad light.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  17. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,292 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    They've been right about what has been happening, which anyone who has superficial access to events can see, not about the soap opera interpretation of the said events which is entirely laced with agenda.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,043 Messages
    2,273 Likes Received
    I just see Washington kind of being like our 2007 team the year Wade Phillips took over.

They'll have a ton of confidence if Griffin is playing at a high level.

I think they are at that stage where they are expecting things to go right for them as opposed to the Cowboys expecting something to go wrong.

I don't think they are that much better than us, if at all, but with the coaching and confidence they have I like their chances better than us if RG3 is ready. (which I don't think he will be. Even if he is out there on the field)
  19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Here is what bugs me about all of this as a fan. I'm not a Garrett fan and think he hasn't been up to the task. BUT if you're going to keep the guy, don't waste a season just to prove your point. Either fire him or give him what he thinks he needs to win and let him make his own success or failure. Right now, I feel like 2013 will be a waste because the minute we lose some of the early games the lynch mob will be out.....already were. Unless we go on a major run I feel like 2013 is set up to fail vs at least giving the guy a chance. I'm not a Garrett fan but I'd rather eat crow with him doing it a certain way than setting him up for failure.
  20. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

340 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Callahan had the first losing season at Nebraska in over 40 years, and this was with top ranked recruiting classes. BC is gonna make us wish we had the red headed genius back as play caller......2013 is gonna be ugly, don't bother buying a ticket...think of the money you'll save.....