1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Callahan becomes apparent compromise between Jones, Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joe Realist, Jan 23, 2013.

1. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

433 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I just don't get it - Red doesnt want to give up playcalling despite the ample evidence that he can't manage game situations - to say nothing of the suspect playcalling he does do. It's bad enough that Red can't handle this reality but then Jerry has to negotiate with him ? Jerry cannot get an OC from the outside with head coaching experience - and we have to keep using Red's system - because Red says so ? This is lunacy. Jerry sees the problem and wants to make the change but has to accept these conditions from the person who he is demoting ? And why Red wants to stay the head coach under these conditions is anyones guess...maybe because he will never smell another head coaching gig again.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    Jerry doesn't put a high priority on coaching, safeties, & offensive and Defensive linemen.

He doesn't want to pay Garrett 4 Mill to sit at home. That's why he didn't overhaul a lot of the staff.

I'm sure Mike Zimmer will take over in 2014 and then Jerry will use that money he saved on a quality offensive coordinator at that point.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,793 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    Of course Garretts on notice. He's had back to back 8-8 season. Jerry tried it his way in letting him do everything. That didnt work nothing wrong with it, its just a different approach for the betterment of the DALLAS COWBOYS. Because thats what its about, the Cowboys. Not Garrett and not any one person in the organization.

All of you eat away at these media hacks like florio like what he writes is scripture when it involves Jerry but call him a hack in every other instance.

Get this through your heads. Jerry isnt going anywhere. The sooner you accept this you will quit crying, being miserable and just realize that this team is going to go where ever it is they go. Nothing you or I or anybody else is going to change that. So you can either accept the process and atmosphere in Dallas or you can just go root for another team. Plain and simple.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    So it was in fact Garrett's idea to tell his brother to look for work?

It was Garrett's idea to give up playcalling?

Rather than blame the big bad media for an inconvenient truth, I think fans should look at themselves and ask if they're simply covering their eyes and choosing not to see what's being played out right in front of them.
  5. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    How do you know otherwise? How do you know things aren't mutually discussed and then agreed upon in said circles? Because the media says so? Where is their proof that this went down this way or that? The media's interpretation of said events?

The sports media's job is to entertain their readers and sell papers.

Confirmation bias goes both ways.
  6. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,707 Messages
    1,483 Likes Received
    I'm sure Bill wont be around when this team gets to the Superbowl again, hell I might not be either:lmao2:
  7. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    This was probably the least crazy and circus-like solution to this crazy plan because he knows the playbook and this won't overly undermine JG's authority. He can add a few plays here and there and be, hopefully, more creative and broad in his play selection.

But it's still kind of crazy if you ask me.
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,793 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    Crazier then when parcells stripped payton from calling plays in the middle of the season?
  9. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Agree with what he does...just don't like seeing a season wasted if it is due to not getting the right pieces when possible. Oh well, this should be an interesting season.
  10. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Does this seem like the same process Wade Phillips went through his last year? From an outsider's perspective, it seems like Jerry will always replace assistant's first, to give the HC a chance, but somehow(media spin) it ends up coming off as cutting the coach off at the knees.
  11. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,001 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    Garrett's lucky to still have a job. It's either he's emasculated or he's fired. I'm sure if you gave him the choice, he'd rather have the job. So he'll try his hardest to make this work. All of the coaches will, because they know if it doesn't, they're all possibly out of a job next year when the new head coach is hired. This is a do or die year. Either they get a playoff win or two or they're out.

I like that.
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,793 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    bingo
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    Do you guys see the players potentially quitting on the coach if this is the true scenario?
  14. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,682 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    Did he? I don't remember that.
  15. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,001 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    If we get off to a slow start, I could see it. Probably less so than with Wade, because he had such a lackluster personality. It's also lessened by the fact that Callahan wasn't a new hire. Shifting responsibilities around isn't the same as bringing someone in to strip him of his offensive duties.
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,019 Messages
    5,368 Likes Received
    You would have to check the media's completion percentage not number of completions.

They throw out every possible scenario and eventually some of them become true.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,083 Messages
    4,427 Likes Received
    Gotta love the picture they used in the article...

[IMG]
  18. stasheroo

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Again, the evil media have been right all along on this.

Folks can make up whatever back story they like if it helps them to feel better about the situation.

But the fiends at PFT, along with Chris Mortensen told me for the past several days what was happening and why it was happening. All of which have come to pass.

So yeah, I'll believe the guys that have at least given me some level of truth over the clowns rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic and then trying to sell me on these changes being 'good things'.

I can't make up your mind for you.

You can choose to believe whatever you would like to believe.
  19. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    They've been right about changes happening which Jerry said was going to happen and what one would expect given how the season played out. Whoopadeeblippingdoo.

Everything else is laced with their own agenda interpretation of said events.
  20. stasheroo

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Oh, I'm not crazy enough to try to do that.

I'm just referring to this particular case.

They've given me the information ahead of time, given reasons why, and their information has proven to be accurate.