1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Cameron Lawrence fined $21,000 for block on David Amerson

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 17, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

25,144 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    The only flag on Dwayne Harris‘ 90-yard punt return for a touchdown last Sunday night against the Redskins was on Redskins special teams coach Keith Butler for making contact with an official along the sideline, but the NFL has handed out a fine for another incident during that play. Cowboys linebacker Cameron Lawrence has been…[IMG]

Continue reading...
  2. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,762 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    That's bull crap... it wasn't blindside and it certainly wasn't worse than what Golden Tate did to Sean Lee... It's a cowboys player to screw, that's all.
  3. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

894 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    Beat me to it
  4. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Dwayne Harris will help him pay it.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,119 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    It was completely blindsided. Lawrence came from almost midfield and hit a guy who had no clue it was coming. It really doesn't get any more blindsided than that.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Is it Lawrence's job to let the other guy know he's coming?

Its football hoof.. if you don't keep your head on a swivel, that's what happens. If he had no clue it was coming.. who's fault is that?
  7. Hoofbite

32,119 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Whether or not a guy is aware of an impending illegal hit is irrelevant.

You should have known that someone was going to hit you in a manner that is against the rules.....therefore it is your fault and as a result the hit that would have been against the rules if you knew it was coming is no longer against the rules because you didn't know it was coming.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Its only against the rules because Goodell is a disgrace to the game of football.

It was a clean football play..one that we've seen time and time again throughout the years.. and again tonight.

Wasn't called a penalty then, wasn't called tonight.. yet the fines still rain down from above.

Its disgraceful.
  9. Hoofbite

32,119 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Here's the list of the members on the competition committee.

Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
    Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
    Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
    Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
    John Mara (New York Giants)
    Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
    Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
    Rick Smith (Houston Texans)
    Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)

Roger Goodell.....nowhere to be found. If you don't like the rules, write these guys.
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Yes, we've had this little discussion before.. and to those who think Roger Goodell is the world's highest paid messenger or lackey.. well, i just feel sorry for you.
  11. starfrombirth

3,762 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Lawrence was to the defenders front of torso... It's not his fault that the defender turned his head... Not blindside.
  12. starfrombirth

3,762 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    The competition committee didn't hand out the fine... Goodell's office did and again, it wasn't a blindside hit just because the defender turned his head.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,364 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    That's why this is such a terrible rule. You can't know if a guy is going to turn around and look at you when you start heading towards him from 50 yards away. If I'm a coverage guy, I'm never going to look around because I know the chances of me getting a 15 yard penalty and a huge fine against another player is better then 50/50 if I don't.

This is a terrible rule and anybody who claims that peel back blocks should be outlawed should really think about how this rule can be manipulated. You can't play ST and not try and block players. You can't make players turn their heads to locate the blocks. The entire premise is just untenable. Bad rule.
    Screw The Hall likes this.
  14. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,719 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Next it will be trap blocks. Trap blocks same principle as a blind side block. Hence why its called a trap block.