1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: DeSean Jackson out for season with fractured ribs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Nov 27, 2012.

1. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bow: awesome post.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,316 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    I'm anti cowboys..... :rolleyes:

Funny he says this, considering I'm maybe in the minority here who still supports Jerry Jones, and a big supporter of Romo.

I'm more upset at garrett, and his play calling more than anything, hence why I give us little chance at anything. That and the O-line showing it's ready to kill off Romo at times.
  3. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

620 Messages
    106 Likes Received

This game would be more entertaining if they would have a 15 round boxing matching between both head coaches which would probably end in a draw with fatty walrus chasing skinny Redtop all over the ring. The winner gets a new coaching job with KC. Afterwards fill the ring with jello or mud and let the Dall and Phili Cheerleaders go at it until they are all topless.
    Now that is real bang for your buck entertainment than what we have been getting.
  4. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    639 Likes Received
  5. 808CowboyFan

808CowboyFan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    If we dont beat them, i want people fired.
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,559 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    They'll probably assemble a better team faster than we will. :(
  8. tyke1doe

19,559 Messages
    734 Likes Received

I think what fellow Cowboys fans fail to see in this position is that there are some Cowboys fans who don't just want to win. They want the team to be dominant.

I want the Cowboys to win too. But if winning merely means we'll have a respectable record but not make the playoffs or not make the Super Bowl, then I'd rather lose, get a better draft position and increase our chances of getting players that will return us to our 90s-like dominance.

As fans, we can stake out such a position. The players can't, however, and rightfully so.

I don't think wanting the Cowboys to lose given the fact they're likely not going to make the playoffs means you're not a Cowboys fans. It may mean enduring losses now for a greater good later.

That's what fandom is all about.

I don't want the Cowboys to just win. I want them to be DOMINANT!

Whatever they have to endure to get there, I'll stomach for the greater good.
  9. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,316 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    Awesome post.

I feel the same way. I'm all about whatever makes us better. Winning but not making the playoffs vs Losing and not making the playoffs....give me the losing.

I'll take the higher draft pick.
  10. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Problem is you have to do something with those higher draft picks. History shows JJ fails at that also.
  11. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    awwww,, bummer....

boo hooo hoo.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    I have him on one of my teams. It's a blessing really, as he wasn't producing but we were afriad to drop him. Now go get someone who will produce mroe than him--whcih should be very easy seeing that he gave us nothing.

Guys like Blackmon, Shorts, and Alexander are still available in some leagues. Maybe even Broyles. Also, Greg Jenings is returning and may be out there too.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,398 Messages
    8,297 Likes Received
    Well you know real change is on their horizon. Hopefully they make the wrong decision.
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,028 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    Knowing the odds of them coming out and dominating anyone are slim, I'll take the W anyway I can get it and you'll just have to excuse my happiness whenever they get one.

Just me, tho. *shrug*
  15. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,276 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    Pretty much. Because Carr and Mo have been a bunch of meh this season, especially Carr and his huge contract.
  16. tyke1doe

19,559 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    I don't have any problems with your position. I'm not saying you should feel the same as I do.
  17. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

I won't consider us in the hunt until we beat the eagles and bengals
  18. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,721 Messages
    2,393 Likes Received
    That's fair. is it okay with you if he considers us in the hunt as long as the percentages say we have a chance? Or must he change to think exactly like you?
  19. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,263 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    Have the Eagles been mathematically eliminated yet?
  20. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    We don't know really. No having Jackson helps us though. I really hope we win this game though and the Giants and Redskins lose.