1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Holmgren would only coach Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 6, 2013.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,899 Messages
    2,075 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  2. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,432 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    So Hos, what did Jerry give Jimmy when he walked? I think it was two million. And Jimmy got what he wanted, which was to leave.

How much of a bump did Parcells get? Three million. And he still left early.

So you believe what you wish. But the facts are both coaches got more money from Jerry.
  3. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    You say that like it's a bad thing. The fact that Jerry brings money and prestige is a positive for a LOT of people.

Fans sometimes forget that this is an entertainment industry.
  4. TwoDeep3

6,432 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received

First off, Holmgren has pretty much won and Garrett is still an unknown.

Second, the bolded area makes me want to ask you if you do time travel. Because on this date of January 7, 2013, Garrett hasn't rebuilt squadush on the offensive line.

I'm not certain how I would feel about Holmgren coming. I haven't given it much thought. But if we're giving credit to Opie for something he hasn't done, then I think I'll give Holmgren credit for rebuilding the team to a Super Bowl level.

I mean since we're playing Fantasy Island.
  5. Switz

Switz Member

806 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Problem is romo is far beyond the development phase.
  6. dfan32

dfan32 Active Member

306 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Parcells said himself that his methods would become impotent if he did not achieve playoff success in a very short time. He was right. You could see him losing his team during his last year here.
  7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    You mean like "the process"?
  8. dfan32

dfan32 Active Member

306 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Not even close. Parcells is the abrasive old guy that delivers verbal brutality and wisecracks that I suppose are meant to shame the players into playing better. Would wear thin on most fairly quickly.

Garrett's method has a chance to be more sustainable if he can get things going next year. If he doesn't....I think we all know the outcome.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,087 Messages
    3,070 Likes Received
    How much did he offer them to stay?

If I offer you 6 million and you get 3 million, you lost 3 million.
  10. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I understand your viewpoint but in fairness, Parcells was working with a franchise that had been buried in cap you know what, no franchise QB, etc.

At least Garrett has a much more talented team and he hasn't been able to do more than Parcells did.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Of course. The situations are in no way comparable.
  12. Hostile

119,087 Messages
    3,070 Likes Received
    1-7 isn't talented. It's a mess.
  13. TwoDeep3

6,432 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    If my true goal was leaving early (Jimmy) and I got two million, who is the sucker in this?

If I am still under contract, and I threaten to leave ( Parcels), and get a raise from 14 - 17 million for my contract, who is the sucker in this?

The same guy that paid the five million, any way you cut it.
  14. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

940 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Is Jerry really actively looking to replace Garrett?
  15. Hostile

119,087 Messages
    3,070 Likes Received
    Of course not. It's just the hopes of the same trolls who hate everything about this team yet are great fans.
  16. TwoDeep3

6,432 Messages
    2,292 Likes Received
    Name calling, when absolutely, positively nanny nanny poo poo stopped working for you.
  17. Hostile

119,087 Messages
    3,070 Likes Received
    Report me.
  18. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I would say 1-4 because that's what their record was when Romo suffered the injury and they were up 20-7, I believe.

The team just quit on Wade and Wade lost the team, and all of a sudden the team goes 5-3 down the stretch?

5-3 is pretty talented, but in my opinion, the players felt threatened that their jobs were seriously on the line and legit changes were coming. It's not like Garrett ran a different offense or Paul P. was an upgrade at defensive coordinator over Wade, right?

I truly believe what Jimmy Johnson says: there's too much of a country club atmosphere at the ranch.
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I agree 100%
  20. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Some of us just prefer a proven coach over one who hasn't proven anything yet.

Again, I'm not against Garrett (except as a coordinator), but I'm all for Holmgren, just like I was all for Parcells, who I believe might have achieved his goals if Romo was already in place as a starting quarterback when he got here. Instead he had to try to achieve success with Carter and his retreads before Romo developed.