1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT Jerry Jones: Garrett Doesn't Have To Make Playoffs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by birdwells1, Mar 26, 2014.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,038 Messages
    2,446 Likes Received
    I'm glad we have a Valley Ranch insider here. Who we drafting on the 8th of May?
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,027 Messages
    4,878 Likes Received
    I have a hard time buying that reasoning. An ego that big and that irrational would not be successful in any field. Jerry has his minuses, but I don't buy he'd keep a guy running his franchise if he doesn't actually believe in him pretty strongly.
  3. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,236 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    The last thing anyone should do is put weight in comments such as these. Much ado about nothing.
    casmith07 and Idgit like this.
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,499 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    No doubt he believes in him, but the same guy has proven his beliefs aren't successful in the free agency era. He won't hire a real GM because of ego. He really believes he was the linchpin to the success in the early 90s. He has 15+ years of failure to account for, but he can't or won't.
    alicetooljam likes this.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,766 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    Jerry might not believe in Jason strongly, but Jerry is a strong believer in Jerry.
    birdwells1 likes this.
  6. Idgit

29,027 Messages
    4,878 Likes Received
    This I agree with.
  7. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,951 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    And because it's his team.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,418 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    You could be right. I just what any Owner or GM says in March in regards to a coach being safe means nothing. Heck I have seen late in the season where a GM will say they have no plans to fire a coach and 2 weeks later fire that coach. I hope Garrett can keep the job and gets things turned around in Dallas that is on him he has to do it and if not then someone else needs to be brought in.
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,447 Messages
    4,674 Likes Received
    Risen Star and CyberB0b like this.
  10. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,191 Messages
    1,296 Likes Received
    I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

[IMG]
    Zordon likes this.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,954 Messages
    4,037 Likes Received
    Yes, he has to make the playoffs Jerry. Four straight years of missing the playoffs and no accountability means I need to go find another team to support b/c these aren't my Cowboys anymore.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,038 Messages
    2,446 Likes Received
    The personal slight aside, serious question. Where was it ever reported that his contract was for 4 years?
  13. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,653 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    Risen Star likes this.
  14. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,096 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    I hate to break it to you guys but Jerry means what he says. and i don't understand why some of you don't believe him. the last 2 years all we heard was if Garrett did not make the playoffs he would get fired? and he is still here. it speaks for itself.
  15. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,653 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    Right and Jerry is still championing him even though he has admitted that he has game day issues and learning challenges after 3.5 years on the job, it's almost as if winning is a priority.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,275 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
  17. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,342 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    This is in the same pot as "Wade Phillips will be here for the whole season".
  18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,275 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    jerry is delusional and delusional people believe in irrational stuff all the time becasue they convince themselves it is rational
    alicetooljam likes this.
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,447 Messages
    4,674 Likes Received
    One of Jones' favorite phrases is "as I stand here, right now".

Is he firing Garrett today? Is he even thinking that for one second that the wheels fall off during the season?

Of course not. That is not how his brain works.

But if anyone is taking these statements as some sort of affirmation that Garrett is getting extended or is "safe" forever and ever amen, they are way ahead of reality.
    SilverStarCowboy and tantrix1969 like this.
  20. Idgit

29,027 Messages
    4,878 Likes Received
    Well, that I could see. He might well be wrong on Garrett (I don't think he is, but he very well could be), but I do think he believes in him. Whether or not the belief is misplaced is another matter. I'm just saying it's not as simple as not firing a guy they don't believe in because Jerry's ego is too big to acknowledge a mistake.