1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT Jerry Jones: Garrett Doesn't Have To Make Playoffs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by birdwells1, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,203 Messages
    5,448 Likes Received
    Have you ever played the market and held onto stock that you "hope" will finally pan out like you originally thought? That is exactly what this is.
    daveferr33, khiladi and Doomsay like this.
  2. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    You ever go to Vegas and see someone on a particular slot machine for hours upon hours at a time? They stay there partly because they are afraid to leave the machine they've been feeding because they think that the next person that sits there will get their payoff.

That's what I thought of when I heard that Jerry comment.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,844 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    This is about as well as you can describe this joke of a FO and the absolute abomination of a process which is completely broken

Sad part is that there are still people on this board who defend this less than mediocre HC and the worst GM in the league purely because they don't want to admit they were completely wrong

Funny thing is that even when a delusional idiot like Jerry admits to the mistake by firing Jerry , these guys will still not admit it and tell us that Garrett was just never given a chance to succeed
    khiladi likes this.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,881 Messages
    7,619 Likes Received
    You're badly misinterpreting that quote. He was talking about Jason Garrett's entire tenure in Dallas--taking him from QB coach to HC. Secondly, he expressly made the point that the same process of learning applies to other smart coaches--obviously referring to Jimmy Johnson--and then widened that out to refer to smart coaches in general. Only on CZ are the comments intentionally misinterpreted to suggest they referred to a HC who was not ready for the job he was given.

People also misunderstand how ego works if they think Jerry's ego is going to take a hit from firing Jason Garrett. Jerry'd fire him and go on to the next big signing without missing so much as a beat. He's not going to feel humbled if Jason doesn't work out, and when he replaces him, he's going to take the credit for bringing in the next guy and it will be business as usual from there.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,881 Messages
    7,619 Likes Received
    I can't be held responsible for the weird things you consider 'sad,' but I can say with some confidence that nobody on this board is going to say Jason Garrett was never given a chance to succeed in Dallas. That would be a stupid position to take, and most of the posters who still support Jason as the HC aren't of the post-first-think-later variety.
  6. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    When Jerry said Jason is in training I said fine, but who the hells training him?
    Lonestar94, khiladi and BoysFan4ever like this.
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,148 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    I want to be first to interview Jerry after game 16 next year.

"Ok, so your team just won the Super Bowl, where do you want to go"?
    Jerry, " I want to go to Disney world"

Oops, sorry, that question was for Super Bowl winner in February.

Let's start over

"Ok, so your team just MISSED THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN, what's next"?
    Jerry, "ubb, ubb, ubb... Contract extension for our ubb, ubb, ubb, fine coach"
  8. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,822 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    well there was always going to be Manning and a 4th quarter....It shouldn't stop you from getting excited over your offense playing its best football of the year
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

The Offense wasn't the problem.
  10. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,642 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    Very well said.
    Wolfpack, daveferr33 and Risen Star like this.
  11. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,822 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    I know. the problem is you wont admit to cheering for the offense. whatever, stick to your guns champ
  12. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,950 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
  13. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,907 Messages
    1,333 Likes Received
    We are turning into the Oakland Raiders.
    khiladi likes this.
  14. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    It wasn't too bad but it wasn't like John Lennon being reborn and playing at your Wedding.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    2,887 Likes Received
    I wish I had a job where results don't matter.

Didn't get my reports done.......boss says no problem

Didn't hit my quota for the month.....boss says no problem

Didn't get the account....boss says no problem

Must be nice to have no responsibility or expectations to meet
    Lonestar94 likes this.
  16. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    If Jason 'is in training', he should be learning under some of the best coaches in the league as an assistant. Jerry gave Jason an opportunity, but also messed up his career trajectory in that he lost several years of being able to learn what makes a coach successful by fast-tracking him, which caused Jason to miss out on mentorship from long-time successful guys.

The fact that Jason doesn't have to make the play-offs tells you why this franchise is mired in mediocrity. Jerry Jones is more concerned with protecting his own ego and showing that 'he's the guy that made the Cowboys successful' than actually doing what it takes to be successful. What franchise can succeed in an ultra competitive league if the people in key places aren't required to perform?

I can already smell the excuses being baked. "Well, we were in a transitional year and we let go of some key pieces, so it will take some time to rebuild... and Garrett is the man for that. It will take time to rebuild the defense after letting go of Ware and Hatcher. We'll make the play-offs next year."
    Zordon likes this.
  17. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

545 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    They werent reacting to our offense, they were reacting to a Peyton interception....by Claiborne, of all people.
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,450 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Garrett is Jerry's Tom Landry.
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,450 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Turning? LOL!

We ARE the Raiders. :(
  20. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

958 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Chip Kelly also said that Desean Jackson didn't have anything to worry about...

We'll see if Jerruh is singing a different tune if this team finishes at or below .500