1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Jerry Jones insists he’s the right G.M. for the Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jan 4, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-insists-hes-the-right-g-m-for-the-cowboys/
    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2012, 7:39 AM EST
    APCowboys owner Jerry Jones says he will remain Cowboys General Manager Jerry Jones, and no one is going to talk him out of that.

According to Jones, he has done a good job at the main roles of a G.M. — hiring a coach and acquiring talent — and therefore there’s no reason for him to quit doing that job.
  2. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Delusional

Teh Jerrah sucks!
  3. starchamber

starchamber Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Despite the abyssmal performance of the team and the handling of draft picks, I find it amazing that the GM still has Jerry's seal of approval. Oh, nevermind.
    :bang2:
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,704 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    I insist at 5 foot 10 I should start at center for the Mavs.
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,732 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    It aint gonna chance so we either have to deal with it or find another team to support.

Go Broncos! :laugh2:
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    i'm tickled pink we've not covered this topic lately.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,946 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Jerry is feeling the heat... he's NEVER justified his role as GM. In the past he has just stated, "I am the GM... deal with it"... now he is trying to make the case for being GM...

This is amusing... :D
  8. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,284 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    I imagine he is.

Already during this offseason, teams have fired two GMs whose accomplishments over the past 10 years far exceed Jerry's.
  9. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    “The way we’re structured and the way it is, our fans need to understand that I have the ability to go get anybody and any bit of information that there is, sports or football, and I do. I go get it. We get it from a lot of sources,” Jones said.

It's a good thing that only Jones has access to this information. Imagine how bad it would be if the other 31 teams could get information, too!!

:laugh2: Other than the hopeless homers who fawn over him no matter what he does, I don't think anyone else buys it any longer. Jones knows fans are sick of his nonsense, but he also knows that enough buy what he sells to keep him fat and happy. But hey, he'll string it out another year and will continue to do so until is hits his pocketbook in a serious way.
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    His pride will not allow him to step aside. He is putting himself before the team.
  11. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,946 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Ding Ding Ding...
  12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,157 Messages
    1,868 Likes Received
    Who was it that had that great Photoshop of Jerry in the toy train?

Time to bring that back!
  13. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think it's a start.
  14. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh1:

Jerry on Thomas the train going off the track. I loved that pic. I think it was Bach.
  15. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received

That's him making his case. A very good start.
  16. Dfense94

Dfense94 Benched

144 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hes 70 this year and is a heavy drinker. How much longer can he last before he d..... retires?
  17. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,147 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I have no issue with JJ keeping the reigns of the dallas cowboys. We obviously have talent and we have a smart new coach. He might of had some bust drafts and bad trades, but who doesn't. Jerry Jones owns the team and it is in his best interests to win.
  18. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,566 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Yep. That's how I took it as well. He is getting blasted from everybody now.
  19. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,284 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    You're right.

This is the sliver of hope to which I'll cling this offseason.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    It is his own ego.

He could keep the title of Owner, CEO, president and any other title he wishes to bestow on himself and he could continue to work in areas where he is good at in marketing and working with the NFL.

Just give Stephen the title of GM. Last I heard the Owner still can dictate what the GM can and can not do.

But it is an ego thing with him. I would imagine he could even go so far as give the title to Stephen (or someone else) with the silent agreement that it would be in name only...just to appease the fans to some degree.

But he will not do that. It is his ego.