1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Jerry Jones sees Jason Garrett staying for years to come

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jgboys1, Feb 8, 2013.

1. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,853 Messages
    78 Likes Received
  2. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I hope so! ;)
  3. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,853 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    So do I.;)
  4. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I am not happy about this. Jason must have a Video or Pictures of Jerry in an inappropiate act. If Garrett is here to stay, just Rebuild and blow up the Team. He has proven that he cannot win with this current Roster. Start from scratch. We will be young and have a better Salary Cap situation in the future years. Garrett and the Team will grow together. Take one step back to hopefully move forward to the Super Bowl.
  5. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I know you can't take anything Jerry says seriously but good grief why does he feel the need to say this stuff?

We have a head coach who thus far has done a miserable job. He should be "on the hot seat", so to speak. He should be fearful that if he doesn't produce this season he's going to get canned. Instead, our GM goes out and says yeah this guy's got a job for the foreseeable future and I'm excited about him.

It's no wonder we're awful. Hopefully this is just more meaningless Jerry blithering.
  6. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Jerry also likes to say "just because I said it doesn't make it so".

However, if you look at all the staff/coaching changes we made this year it doesn't really make sense for Jerry to spend all of this money (consider the fired coaches contracts also) if the Head Coach is on the "hot seat".

It just doesn't make sense financially to commit all of this money in the short term unless this is a long term investment.
  7. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Desperate people do desperate things.
  8. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,321 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    If Jerry is so sure, how come no contract entension for Red?

LOL at some of the comments at that link...

Excellent news, thank you!
    Signed
    Giants Nation

As a Redskins fan, I am excited about Jason Garrett being Cowboys coach for years to come, too. And while we are at it, Jerry can remain GM as long as he likes, too.

Sad part is they aren't joking.
  9. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

:(
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    And another one...

Gotta love how JG strikes fear into exactly zero of our opposing fans.
  11. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

nyyjetsknicks says:Feb 8, 2013 10:22 AM
    It’s Christmas in February for every Giants, Redskins and Eagles fan.

A Jets fan commenting on behalf of the NFC east?

Something tells me you forgot to post the username on purpose...
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    You're right, didn't even notice that. I edited it to include. Does it change things much, though? He's not well-regarded by people around the league who don't have a vested interest in defending him.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,585 Messages
    5,499 Likes Received
    What do you think Jason has been doing since he took over as HC? Pull up Wade's last roster and I think you will be surprised how much turnover there has been.
  14. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    What difference does it make?

I'm well aware that every Raiders/Chargers/Broncos fan was stoked the Chiefs kept Romeo Crennel around last year, no matter what division I'm a fan of - Jets fans know the same.
  15. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    I really could care less what other fans have to say about our current head coach or about our team.

Respect is earned and I agree with the fact that JG has alot to prove this year but so do the core group of players on the roster.

Nate Newton is completely correct about coaching only goes so far, but at some point the players have to do their jobs consistently. When I look back at all the games I watched this year the one word that I can use to describe the entire season was inconsistent.
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    2,887 Likes Received
    Ah..........I have been waiting for the "dreaded vote of confidence" statement.

Generally, in sports when the owner of the franchise makes a public statement supporting the head coach, it usually does not end well for that head coach.............hence, the dreaded vote of confidence.

Lets see what Jerry says if Redball puts up another .500 season.
  17. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    He didn't say he believes in him enough to extend his contract so I don't think this amounts to anything more than Jerry running his mouth yet again.
  18. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Yes!!! that's what I'm talking about
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,875 Messages
    7,596 Likes Received
    Our own fans don't like him. Some of our own fans don't like Tony Romo. It doesn't matter what the unwashed masses think. What matters is: can the guy coach.

I think he's probably here another year after 2013 if the team just doesn't collapse. But that's just me. I also happen to think he's doing a good job so far and I'd like nothing better for him to be here for the long haul and for us to be able to build an organization around some long-term consistency for a change.
  20. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Speculation, speculation, speculation...

It seems pretty clear the HC for 2013 is Jason Garrett. What will happen in 2014 not even Jerry knows yet.

But to use "JetsKnicks fan" as some indicator of Garrett's prowess is a new form of silly really.