1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Jerry trying to get Jason to give up play calling

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joe Realist, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,104 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    Where there is smoke...
  2. Until Jerry "Al Davis" Jones relinquishes control, Cowboy fans are doomed to 6-8 win seasons. Always looking for band-aids, but never willing to commit to do what it takes to build a champion.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,794 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    NFL went down to 14 game season? ur dismissed
  4. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,854 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    I said this in another thread but feel it may be more pertinent here.

Jerry has little resolve, IMO, and goes wherever the wind blows him, so instead of letting long-term solutions develop, he always tries to go with the quick fix.

Since he's taken over the team, we average a new HC every 3.28 years, and as a result philosophies, cultures and identities change just as often.

College coaches usually get longer opportunities, so it's no wonder we've done squat since '95.

There's rarely continuity, and by the time our "GM" gets up to speed on the coach's direction (drafting players to fit his scheme [resulting in a lot of misses], getting his coaches, etc) our GM loses faith and does an about-face and starts the cycle all over again.

Now? He's panicing because his arch-enemy Lil' Danny beat us to make the playoffs, and now teams like Washington, Seattle and SF are making noise with the read option.

Trust me, if he fires Garrett (which after 3 years would be right on cue), Jerry will certainly go in the direction of the new fad (Read option) only to have him chase another fad after that.
  5. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,580 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    Not what he meant. :rolleyes:
  6. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received
  7. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    So if we hire a new OC, does he get to interview all the guys on the O side of the ball the way they say Monte is going to be able to do?
  8. links18

9,580 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
    That would require dumping Romo. If there is one thing JJ has shown over the years, its that he tends to remain loyal to aging star players even when they are past their prime.
  9. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,718 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    Two things don't make sense about this whole thing. One, for a long time JJ has stated he wants his HC to be a coordinator as well, and not a "walk around head coach." So is JJ changing his stance on what his HC does? And two, didn't Gruden and Kiffin have a falling out in TB? If he's looking to possibly replace Garrett, and Gruden and Kiffin don't get along, then how would this be setting the stage for a Gruden-Kiffin reunion?
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,198 Messages
    1,886 Likes Received
    Nothing new to see here but why would Jerry be pushing Garrett to give up calling?

Just make him, no need to push or ask if he is the GM.

Something isn't right with the whole situation though.
  11. links18

9,580 Messages
    1,320 Likes Received
  12. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,718 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    I made this same point in a post yesterday. We have no real direction. Jerry is that guy driving the car, who doesn't know where he's going, but keeps trying different roads, all the while trying to convince everyone that he's not lost, and knows exactly where he's going.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,859 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received
    If all this stuff is true then I think Garrett will get let go sometime this week.

Maybe Jerry and Jason are just working on a financial agreement.

I can't see all of this stuff being true and Jason being our coach next season.
  14. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received

First off what the media has reported his hearsay, made-up, whatever, etc.

No one has been directly quoted and the only thing that has happened is that John has interviewed with other teams.
  15. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,546 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    I don't think Jerry Jones has any interest in Gruden. If he is truly trying to get rid of Garrett this way (which I don't believe) I think Holmgren would be who he went after.

In any case this is just an "Oh look at me." article. I would hope Jerry Jones wouldn't stoop to levels that low. If you want to fire the guy than do it.
  16. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,854 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    You're right, which again, is an indictment on Jerry.

He's always chasing the fads which more often than not results in a bunch of ill-fitting parts, because he never gives the plan the time to marinate into something good.
  17. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,280 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    . . . there is generally an immature kid, kicking up dirt trying to attract attention to himself.
  18. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,645 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    If Jerry Jones doesnt want Jason calling plays, then he will not be calling plays. Hes the head honcho, no need for "trying"

This whole thing is a mess for me right now. I dont see a clear direction.

I used to be so giddy anticipating next season. Now its just like..:confused:
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    John is "Passing Game Coordinator" or was. I think he has under performed in that role (along with his brother). Really with bringing in Callahan last year, that was the end of John and the start of the end of Jason. This team is a such a structural mess it isnt even funny...might as well just do the reality show about it now and celebrate the disfunctionalistm. :)
  20. landryscorner

landryscorner Active Member

1,433 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Comeon Jerry Fire the BUM!! while some legitimate coach candidates are still available...if JG insists to keep calling plays after bone headed plays then he surely deserves to be fired we all know he sucks at playcalling and clockmanagement great coaches admit their faults...not once have I heard JG admit to any wrongdoing when it comes to playcalling not once.