1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT:Orson Charles, top tight end NFL draft prospect, arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 9, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ight-end-nfl-draft-prospect-arrested-for-dui/
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2012, 7:38 AM EST
    Getty ImagesOrson Charles, a Georgia tight end who is considered one of the top prospects at his position in the NFL draft, was arrested early this morning and charged with DUI.

Charles’s name is listed on the Athens-Clarke County Jail booking log, and the student newspaper at the University of Georgia confirms that the Orson Charles who was arrested is the same Orson Charles who was an All-SEC tight end at Georgia.

Charles left Georgia early to enter this year’s draft and is listed as the No. 1 tight end prospect by Mike Mayock.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,257 Messages
    4,577 Likes Received
    If true the kid is an Idiot.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    its true from what ive heard brain, here is more, its all over on tweeter

NFL Spin Zone‏@NFLSpinZoneReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open
    Orson Charles is a high character guy. Just made a mistake. I really don't think this DUI arrest hurts his stock too much.

6m NFL Spin Zone‏@NFLSpinZone
    NFL Draft 2012: Exclusive Interview With Georgia TE Orson Charles: NFL Draft 2012: Exclusive Interview With Geor... http://bit.ly/AlseU4

Rob Rang‏@RobRang
    Orson Charles arrested Friday morning for a DUI. Why one league source isn't so sure it significantly alters his stock. http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/35156444
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,279 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    I don't think it'll be a big issue, but it should be. Driving drunk is one of the most moronic decisions anyone can make.
  5. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    He won't get charged with DUI. He will settle for wreckless driving and still be the first TE off the board.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,659 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    Didnt this guy run a 4.9 forty. If so that is a bigger problem.
  7. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,112 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    You can have high character and still be a moron. Driving under the influence is an example of this.

It should hurt his draft stock as a lesson of principle.
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wanna say it was a high 4.7 or 4.8. Let me check.

This is what I got: "The top headline from the University of Georgia pro day was a disappointing 40 time anywhere from 4.7 to 4.9 for TE Orson Charles, who is considered to be in the mix to be the No. 1 TE off the board. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that high winds affected his time and Charles agreed..."
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,841 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    was that exec Matt Millen Jr?

It would take one that dumb to think that a DUI at this time of the year would NOT have a serious effect on how he is drafted.

Stupid on his part and even dumber on this so called execs part to say that