1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT: Ravens Second-round rookie hospitalized with head injury

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 25, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Second-round rookie hospitalized with head injury
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2010 3:56 PM ET
    It's been a rough weekend for rookies. On Saturday, a third-rounder was arrested. Before that, a second-rounder suffered a head injury.

We've confirmed that Ravens linebacker Sergio Kindle has been hospitalized with a head injury suffered on Thursday night. A league source tells us that Kindle initially had some swelling inside his skull, but the situation has since improved significantly.

"Members of our medical staff, including Bill Tessendorf and Dr. Andy Tucker, have spoken with doctors in Texas. We understand Sergio is stable at this time and that he is being tested and observed," Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome said in a release posted on the team's website.

The team says that Kindle supposedly fell down "two flights of stairs." There was some initial skepticism regarding the contention, but apparently no effort will be made for now to debunk Kindle's claim.

The former Texas standout has yet to sign a contract. One league source predicted that, given their track record, the Ravens likely will offer Kindle a fair deal based on his slot as the 43rd overall pick in the draft, regardless of the injury. It remains to be seen whether they do that, or whether they wait to confirm that Kindle will be OK.
  2. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No offense, can you at least put Ravens 2nd round rookie, to not to give everyone a scare??
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I was reading that he was drunk and has had a dwi in the past.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,447 Messages
    946 Likes Received
    Maybe that Ravens draft wasn't so good afterall. Reminds me a little of the Antonio Bryant draft. I can't remember the name of that talented corner that didn't pan out that year. It looked good on paper just didn't amount to much.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,459 Messages
    909 Likes Received
    poorly written title friend, and you know it.
  6. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,276 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    mods please move this to the nfl zone before someone strokes out.
  7. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Derek Ross.
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,636 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Speaking of which, any word on Giants safety Chad Jones? Did the Giants offer him a contract? Will he be able to walk? How soon?

The Ravens draft graded out superb on paper. In hindsight, they should have just kept the pick and signed Dez Bryant. Looks like their draft will be getting an F.
  9. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,071 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    Meh, who hasn't been drunk and bit it before?
  10. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,090 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    so did he fall down a flight, get up and fall down another flight?
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,424 Messages
    3,708 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    what?
  13. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,636 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Sorry about that. My mistake. It wasn't Balt but NE we traded with.
  14. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,747 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    I heard on the radio that he has been in the hospital for 4 days and that the full story still hasn't come out about how this exactly happened. The only report so far is that he fell down 2 flight of stairs. Time will tell I suppose.