1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Rob Ryan: My family talks, but we back it up

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 5, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,577 Messages
    3,444 Likes Received
    Posted by Michael David Smith on August 5, 2011, 1:25 PM EDT

With his vow to “whip the ***” of “the all-hype team,” Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan has threatened to top his brother, Jets head coach Rex Ryan, as the NFL’s brashest coach. But Rob says his family has proven that it can do more than just talk.

Rob Ryan told NFL Network’s Albert Breer that he, his brother, and their dad, former NFL coach Buddy Ryan, can talk tough because they are tough.

Read the rest: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/rob-ryan-my-family-talks-but-we-back-it-up/
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,866 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    "Our guys are gonna be good, and we know it. So that ain’t talkin’. That’s just the [bleepin'] way it is.”

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

yooooo.......lmao!!!!

I love this guy....if our D is not fired up, and does not play with emotion or heart, it's on them

we have a real General now
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,964 Messages
    5,624 Likes Received
    I have no doubt he's not just a talker. I could see Rob taking a swing at an opposing player if the mood strikes.

Love the guy. His whole mindset is exactly how you have to approach defense.

I'm thinking some of the fans will bail on Rob this year when they see his defense give up some big plays. Not me. He hasn't had an offseason to prepare and he still has some serious weaknesses in personnel. 2012 will be better than 2011. If he isn't hired as a head coach somewhere.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,087 Messages
    1,623 Likes Received
    Chances are we will give up some plays I think if we are making alot more big plays than giving up big plays and this defense is holding opponets on avg to 20 or less points a game then I think many of the fans will stay on board with Rob
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,964 Messages
    5,624 Likes Received
    I hope so.

Take a real good look at the defensive line. It's decent, but certainly not the strength of this defense. Rob's gonna have to scheme his way around it this year.
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    If we finish dead last in D it's ain't gonna be Robs fault this D is a mess i doubt he can fix it in 1 year
  7. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,755 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    So long as he's not like his daddy and takes a swing at Garrett I'm fine.
  8. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Why? Rex fixed the Jets defense in 1 year.
  9. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love Rob Ryan. :laugh2:

His commet made headlines and made the Eagles and sports analysts take notice. Mike Vick and Cullen Jenkins have already responded on Twitter. Now, it is the topic discussed by sports analysts. Some are saying "Yes" the Cowboys can beat the Eagles. Others are saying that the Eagles are not the Dream Team. All of this was spawned by Rob's comment. WAY TO GO ROB!

I see a excitement in the D players I haven't seen before. Rob has them pumped up and ready to go. (Now let's hope they can back it up)
  10. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    He had a whole offseason to implement it
  11. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I like Garrett, but Ryan should have been our head coach. I think the whole team would have benefited and not just the defense.
  12. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,280 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    The Iggles can thank newly acquired backup Vince Young for touting the Iggles "The Dream Team". The target has been squarely put on their backs. :laugh2:
  13. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,280 Messages
    488 Likes Received

Nope. Not me. Garrett is the right guy. Rob is what he is right now, and that's a D-coordinator.
  14. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Great he will be the New eagle coach next year, Mark my words..