1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFT:Stafford says he doesn’t want his contract to kill the Lions’ cap-Should Romo ?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 16, 2013.

1. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,188 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Wasn't Stafford the highest paid QB outta college? Bet that helped his team
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,409 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    Not to mention his cap hit is 20.8 million this year. He was not giving a discount and I can promise you his contract when redone will still pay him market value. The contract will free up some money to get players but then so did Romo.

Funny part is Romo new contract has a 40 million guaranteed. Stafford rookie contract gave him 41 million guaranteed. As BP would say you got sucked. lol
  3. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,662 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Talk about not thinking: We half a QB approaching his mid-30s and we still half not even thot about who will replace him 2-3 down the road.

It is called anticipation, like the great football analyst Carly Simon oncet said.
    We half to anticipate for key positions down the road.
    Now, in the real world, teams half a promising young QB learning under the veteran. We half Orton. Belief me Orton is not our QB for the future.

To even mention a QB in the 1st round is stoopid and even you know that, so why bring it up. Huh? huh? huh?

Say, this year's draft class of QB is not weak. But I guess the draft class of QBs when Romo was an undrafted QB was good huh? Huh? Huh?

what are you, the slam-against-Romo detector?
    Get used to it. Romo is not exactly on the ascendancy. Not at his age. Not with more money than Jerra's wife. What, he is suddenly going to stay in the pocket to thow picks? He will be running and gunning and thowing picks next year and he'll git plenty of criticism. So if yo psyche is tender, belief me, don't be hear on Monday's after he thows his 5-picks during some games. Yeah, I knows. He will say "We got to get better," his eyes twinkling because he knows he is surrounded by a half ashed line and a running game that is largely a question mark.

Hey, how did that bee-keeping manual work out? I sent it 1st-class mail.
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,476 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Way to go out on a limb there, Chief. You mean a 25 year old will be in the NFL after a 32 year old?
  5. GimmeTheBall!

12,662 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Ah, hail, i was just trying to guess what he was thinking. But hail, my motivation is gone oncet ah gets paid and then my motivation picks up when the olive loaf and pressed ham is low and the beer supply be low too.

I knows you like romo and I respect that. Pls forgive me. I am contrite and stuff.
  6. GimmeTheBall!

12,662 Messages
    603 Likes Received

Yeah, you is right. My other prediction is that Steven/Stephen Jones will take over the Cowboys in the future. And that the post office will quit saturday delivery and that Arizona will secede and join Uruguay and the Ukraine for an axis of evil. I must go now because I half said too much.
  7. GimmeTheBall!

12,662 Messages
    603 Likes Received

Never. Cowboys fan (but not a Oh, No Romo fan) for life. And if the Cowboys would be on the ascent, that would be nice.
    Hey, i heard Jimmy Buffett was 78 years old. Is that true. His songs sound like it, parrotfoot. I hope he is younger.
  8. GimmeTheBall!

12,662 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    You on a first-name basis with Tony? Pray tell how did you get so. . . um, cozy with him? Do you golf? Does his wife know of this? Do you ever post anything longer than 5 words. Insecure? Illiteerate like me? You attend Farmers Branch schools? How would I recognize you at an illegal cockfight? Are you an eastern farmer? Half you ever been to Texas? You would like it and not be so east coast sullen all the time. You would be hapy.
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,101 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    Is Romo the biggest problem on the Cowboys? Would you be happier if the Cowboys started Orton or a rookie or anyone else that the Cowboys could trade for? (which is not going to happen).

Will you be upset or happy if Romo gets a season ending injury in his first game of the season? Or...are you and the rest of the Romo haters just mad because Romo could actually buy Farmers Branch? :confused:
  10. GimmeTheBall!

12,662 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    I love answering absurd questions.
    Romo is a statistically brilliant QB. But he is a season-killing QB, a choker. You know that, I know that, Bob Dole knows that.
    Romo could not buy Farmers Branch. the environmental cleanup cost could bankrupt him and his bank and the U.S. govt.
    if you can wrap your skinny brain around this, here is another answer: My beef is that we dont have a QB to groom. To wait in the wings.
    To say the fans who are not happy with romo would wish a season ending injury is to say that you were not raised right. (I am calling yo mama to beret her for raising you that way.)
    romo is not the biggest problem. just look at the O line, the D line and safety. And mybe the unsettled RB corps. Oh, and I worry about special teams and sometimes the coaching.

I hope i half answered your questions. Dumb questions but still questions.

hey, did you ask for the bee keeping manual or was it the other guy?
  11. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    No you don't, so stop talking out of your behind. My point is you have no idea whether or not Romo has or has not lost motivation to win. All your other garbage was funny about five years ago
  12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,273 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Hey now I take issue with that, none of his garbage has ever been funny.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,101 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    It wasn't me. Romo might want to buy one? He will even fix your flat tire.

:cool:
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,409 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    And this is a weak QB class so Dallas it to use a pick on a poor QB class just to say we got one? Give me a break. If Dallas can find a QB mid round they feel can develop fine but overall just running out and getting a guy with QB next to his name is not how you build a future. I know you want Romo gone fine but at least get a QB that has a fricken chance to do something.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,807 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  16. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,390 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    You wanna know who killed the Cowboys cap?

[IMG]

It ain't Romo...
  17. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

843 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Your pending doom "Romo bash" takes are only trumped by your cajun, or whatever gut wrenching schtick, you, for some reason, think is even slightly humorous.

If it weren't so forced it might have some entertainment value. Instead, it is way tired and in DIRE need of a new delivery.