PFT: The importance of considering Ezekiel Elliott’s side of the story

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM.

1. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Member

74 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Know he's not a favorite of many fans but he some interesting points here.........

The importance of considering Ezekiel Elliott’s side of the story
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2017, 11:57 AM EDT

Domestic violence is illegal, abhorrent, and despicable. Those who commit it should be exposed, shamed, and incarcerated. But those accused of it should not be presumed to be guilty, especially if they were never arrested or charged.

When it comes to NFL internal investigations, the initial outcome also should not be presumed to be fair and accurate. It’s a degree of patience and caution that has become justified by bungled, ham-handed NFL investigations of recent years, from the Saints bounty scandal to the cap penalties imposed on Dallas and Washington to the Ray Rice debacle to #Deflategate. All too often, the NFL (like many other large business organizations) selects a desired outcome in such situations and works backward to justify it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nsidering-ezekiel-elliotts-side-of-the-story/

2. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

378 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Good article but we live in a world where truth and justice don't matter. Only peoples feelings matter.

3. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,361 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    The fact that they are so willing to believe a young lady THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVEN A LIAR during this investigation is what is so bothersome about this entire charade.

4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

12,943 Messages
    8,464 Likes Received
    That is pretty much the gist of it, we now live in a PC world for better or worse.

JeffG, DandyDon1722 and Philmonroe like this.
  5. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

13,077 Messages
    14,709 Likes Received
    Couple White's comments back in the Saints matter with the real doozy of conference call with the NFL rep yesterday, I think it's fair to question just how impartial the panel was.

I suspect they knew what the NFL wanted before even hearing the evidence and their job was to create a case for what the NFL wanted rather than let the evidence speak for itself.

6. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

6,038 Messages
    3,788 Likes Received
    Yes, it is hard to understand how a person with a proven history of being a liar can be taken as more believable than a person without such a history.

7. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

6,038 Messages
    3,788 Likes Received
    And it does seem that the NFL picks the result and works backward. Absolutely spot on in every facet.

8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

34,216 Messages
    11,494 Likes Received
    Zeke may not have legal recourse to reverse Goodell's decision, given the court's ruling in Brady's case, but ...

Zeke, I would think (and a lawyer around here CAN back me up), CAN sue the league for defamation and libel/slander. Basically, the NFL is calling Zeke a woman beater. And one of the points to support a defamation of character ruling is to prove that the false information causes damage to the accused.

Zeke not only will lose money because of the suspension, but he stands to lose major dollars from loss endorsements. And should he win such a case, he could collect millions in punitive damages.

Maybe this is a legal option in play.

9. dexternjack

12,943 Messages
    8,464 Likes Received
    I am almost positive that players can not sue the league while active. I read that somewhere, will try to dig it up.

tyke1doe likes this.
  10. tyke1doe

34,216 Messages
    11,494 Likes Received
    We've always lived in a PC world. This is not about that.

Ntegrase96 likes this.
  11. dexternjack

12,943 Messages
    8,464 Likes Received
    I used PC because I did not want to feel the backlash if I used what I wanted, and that was "snowflake" :omg:

Fletch and roughneck266 like this.
  12. tyke1doe

34,216 Messages
    11,494 Likes Received
    Define PC?

13. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

7,261 Messages
    3,701 Likes Received
    Especially when coupled with a threat of a ban for a second "offense" whatever that means considering there were no charges/arrests made here for his first either. A phone call of accuse will get him banned now? This undermines the justification even further or opens them up for harassment (?) though doubtful but obv blackmail opportunities for anyone with the desire to do so; strangers even if they're clever enough. I realize the CBA seems to cover the owners on all personal conduct matters here and JJ isn't going to fight it so we're probably just going to be chewing our faces the the next couple of months on this BS.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    OldCoach and Trouty like this.
  14. dexternjack

12,943 Messages
    8,464 Likes Received
    Not going there, just explained it. PC was not the correct term to use in my original post, just inserted it instead of "snowflakes".

15. tyke1doe

34,216 Messages
    11,494 Likes Received
    No, you did NOT explain it.
    Besides, what does "snowflake" mean? Someone who is too sensitive? I betcha I can find examples of snowflakes in every culture.

16. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

974 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    No we haven't but maybe you lived in utopia before so that clouds your belief. This is probably the worse of course but it wasn't always "pc".

wrongway likes this.
  17. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

26,231 Messages
    6,258 Likes Received
    "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime," Lavrentiy Beria - Head of Stalin's secret police

CT Dal Fan and DEA_dad like this.
  18. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

11,001 Messages
    3,864 Likes Received
    Good article.

19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

17,121 Messages
    19,475 Likes Received
    Yep, and now men can pee in bathrooms with little girls because of "feelings."

That side is winning.

PBCCowboy and wrongway like this.
  20. toto1939

toto1939 Well-Known Member

506 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Roger Goodell has not provided proof that he himself did not cause the bruises on this skank's arm - therefore, he should be fired!!

CT Dal Fan and wrongway like this.