1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFT: Tony Romo is tired of questions about windows

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 3, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,204 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
    Posted by Josh Alper on September 3, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo doesn’t do windows anymore.

That’s the takeaway from the quarterback’s appearance before the media on Sunday. Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post reports that Romo bristled when asked about owner Jerry Jones’ offseason comments about the window closing on Romo’s chances to win a Super Bowl with the current Cowboys cast. Here’s Hubbuch’s description of what went down.

“The Cowboys quarterback wouldn’t even let a Post reporter finish his question yesterday before slapping his knees, exclaiming, “That’s it!” and walking out in a huff from his regular weekly media session after just seven minutes,” Hubbuch wrote.

Read the rest: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/03/tony-romo-is-tired-of-questions-about-windows/
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,674 Messages
    6,428 Likes Received
  3. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think, hope, you mean the "windows" questions are dumb... not referring to how Tony reacted to ONE TOO MANY questions about "windows" from the media.

Me, I'm glad to read that Tony dropped his usual gentlemanly interviewee persona. Said, "That's it... enough is enough," in his mind, got up and walked away. Shows he's sick of it and he doesn't care who knows it.

Burning inner desire, wanting to shut the naysayers up, going on there. I like it! :D
  4. nablives

nablives Active Member

642 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Well it just provides another opportunity to make Romo look bad over something pretty silly, but he gets trashed so much any way that it'll be hard for this guy to be viewed far more negatively at this point. If Dallas loses on Wednesday, I'm sure this will be looked at again. If they win, it won't be mentioned, at least not for a little while.
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,761 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Tony had a great year last year...and aside from the Jets and Lions games, where he made some poor decisions late, he was exceptional. He did all of this, playing most of the season with injured ribs. Yes, we were mediocre overall, but was that on Tony, NO. That was due to injuries to key offensive players, poor OL play (especially at center), and a defense that couldn't contain a pee-wee football offense.

It isn't like Romo is taking away all the money so the defense gets little, like Manning did with the Colts, no.....the defense had some high priced players as well, they just stunk it up. Our CBs couldn't stay on the field. Our safeties were liabilities. Our front 7 did well against the run for the most part, but the pass rush was less than desirable. Our LB play, especially Ware and Lee were the bright spots for our defense last year.

If Romo can have a repeat of last season, our C position improve, and our defense (especially the secondary) play up to standard, we will be a very successful football team. I ignored adding injuries to this list, cause they will occur and we must be strong enough and deep enough to overcome them.
  6. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Meh who cares. Doesn't change anything. Romo is a great guy and the media and the paparazzi are just ridiculous. Romo doesn't need to put up with their garbage. He gets enough crap being a super nice guy as it is.
  7. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I don't blame him. I hope he continues to do what he feels is best for him. If constantly answering an annoying question is bothering him and taking away his focus, by all means, let the reporters know and walk away.

Maybe he should thank Jerry. I know a lot of people around here had no problem with him saying it.
  8. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I hope Romo plays angry this year and leads this team to a very deep playoff run.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't care about the window thing, but I'm sick and tired of all the ridiculous hate that Tony gets. This guy is one of the best quarterbacks in the world and he gets nowhere near the props he deserves. Can't wait for him to shut all his haters up this season. The fact that people blame him for our struggles at the end of last season is ridiculous.

Tony was phenomenal all season along, but especially towards the end. In the month of December he had 9 touchdowns, just one interception, a completion percentage of over 70, a QB rating of over 100 and people still blame him. That is incredible production right there.

The reason we missed the playoffs was because our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. In the final month the defense allowed over 30 points twice, but even more so than that they couldn't get it done in the 4th quarter. Not to mention our offensive line couldn't block anybody yet and still Romo was able to stand strong in the pocket and pick defenses apart.
  10. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
    Josh Ellis ‏@DCStarJEllis

RT @MrMcGibblets04 who made Tony "storm off" with the window questioning?!} It was the NY Post guy. There's a little fudge on that story.
  11. a_minimalist

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    There's some lingo I've never heard.
  12. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It means BS.
  13. a_minimalist

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Thanks lol
  14. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course there's a little fudge on that story.

The "storm off" comment never made sense. I can see Tony getting up and leaving, but not storming off... or leaving in a huff... or any other media-added, denigrating descriptive applying. NY media and its bias at work.

Who can really be surprised?
  15. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
  16. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,179 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    I guess he's more of a mac guy.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,674 Messages
    6,428 Likes Received
    Referring entirely to the article being dumb. Especially the notion that the team might go in another direction at QB after this year. Just too dumb to actually refute.

I am interested in seeing Tony's "huff." I'm sure it wasn't, or that there's context missing here.
  18. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Figured as much. I knew there was no way you were dogging Romo. ;)

Based on Josh Ellis' tweet WG posted, you were right to be suspicious, waiting for more info to come to light...

19. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    these NY writers are pretty terrible. I don't remember them being quite so TMZish in the past.

Tony ought to get an endorsement from the Home Depot!
  20. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,057 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    Good for him. I wouldn't be answering the same stupid question over and over again either.