1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFW: Preseason corner rankings

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by chicago JK, Jun 29, 2004.

1. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received

Yes, read my sig... It does explain everything :)
    It is also the Truth.
  2. BHendri5

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received

Like I said he did a pretty good job for a rookie. But not as good as you think he did.
  3. BHendri5

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received

Preach preacher!! That is what I told them.
  4. BHendri5

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received

True. that is the truth.
  5. cowboyfreak

cowboyfreak Member

492 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, I'll be fluffier than a french poodle,
    You were wrong, just as they (PFW) are.
  6. BHendri5

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received

Heck yeah, I'll admit that you and some others do not know anything, anytime.

I'll not bite my tongue on that not once.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    Please "He did not do as good as I think he did" what an arrogant statement. The kid played very good given the situation of being a rookie and having to contend with a defensive front who had difficulties in the pass rush, yet he still had the 3rd most passes defended in the entire NFL, int are only part of the CB position defending the passes are just as critical, he also ranked 6th in the NFL in solo tackles proving he not only can cover but does a very good job of making tackles both in the passing and running game. Does he need to improve of course every rookie out there has room for improvement
  8. BHendri5

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    I've seen you you are fluffier than a french poodle (LOL)
    Stick to your guns, that is what I always say. Even though you are shooting blanks. :)

First I was right and now the so called experts at PFW comes right along and states the same thing.
  9. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,235 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I agree. Gives them something to shoot for. :)
  10. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    The experts at PFW says so? Well the so called experts think Carter is not a good QB. So they are experts when they agree with you and they no nothing when you disagree with them. How convenient
  11. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sarge, I admire your willingness to take on the whole board (on a weekly basis), and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, (or I would have done so after the unkind things you have said about the receivers), but WHY IS IT you are such a cup brimming over guy with Quincy, but a glass half empty type with everyone else.

I mean, folks are either pessimists or optimists (or fatalist, or delusionists).

But you lay the jaundiced eye on everyone but Q, who you build up like he was your brother.

Jusrt wonderin' :D
  12. cowboyfreak

cowboyfreak Member

492 Messages
    0 Likes Received

It's called...(bum pa da bumm)......

Anti-Cowboy Bias
  13. TheJackel

TheJackel New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe you need two years in the league before PFW adds you to the rankings. Newman should be listed under the "young CBs to watch" or something like that.

PFW rankings are very solid.
  14. BHendri5

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received

Hahaha, that was an arrogant statement? That was an arrogant statement?
    It was a flat out true statement, you thought he did better than what he actually did. I said he did a very good job, for a rookie, meaning that all rookies do no as well, or even come close.

I based my statement on things that I noticed, you base yours on stats and the overall defensive ranking. Okay, he done the things that you posted, but there were too many times too many times that he was in position to knock down even more balls or to have even more INTs than he had, but he would let the WRs catch the balls and then make the tackles, when he could have intercepted the balls or knocked them down. He was right there!!!
    And that is why he got beat at times. To me just by doing that is worse than being burnt for a TD.

I do not care what kind of scheme you are in, when you are in position to knock down a pass or intercept it you do it. You have to be tenacious as a CB, you have to be arrogant, have that Swagger, no memory, mentally tough, ATTITUDE is what puts the great CBs over the top.
  15. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think the so-called expert was deliberately not including any first year players. Not that Tnew's season was a fluke, but that no rookie at any position merits a "best" label. It's a longevity issue. If the writer had been grading based on last year' s performance Tnew would be there, and on the top 12-15, imo, at the very least.
  16. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    When your offense can't score coaches tend to have the CB play a little more on the safe side than taking big risk. Newman no doubt took some big risk aginst Carolina trying to jump a pass he saw as an out, once the WR made the double move he beat Newman for the big gainers. But once again when your offense can't score coaches do and will have the CB playing more on the safe side than taking gambles that the team can't overcome.
  17. BHendri5

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received

You do not comprehend very well, do you Dooms. I have always said there are no experts, and I mean that. The PFW people are not experts, not in my opinion, because to me there are no experts.

I was being sarcastic, so I guess I'll have to put that in parenthesis next time.
    I know how you and some others buy into what the critics say, so I just use them in my post, but I could care less what they say, They no no more than I do IMO, they sit and watch the games as I do, some may have played for years like I did, and some may give their opinions from their experience as I do.
    But I do not need them or anyone else to agree with me, If I am the lone wolf supporting one player, then so be it, I have always relished that type of situation anyway, only that player can change my opinion or let me down or whatever the case may be.
  18. Dayton Cowboy

Dayton Cowboy Active Member

1,847 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was wondering about the years experience on that.. seemed liked all the corners listed had at least 3 years of expierence.. or more..

so perhaps there was footnote in the original article saying something about years in the league...
  19. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    Actually I make up my own mind and do not get swayed by writers in a mag. or other publications. I feel I know just as much as they do about the game of football as they do (God know I played enough years to understand the game quite well). I may agree with a writer on one topic and disagree with him on another. I also do not judge our players any different than I do any other player on any given team
  20. 5 Super Bowls

5 Super Bowls Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received

What about Patrick Surtain????

Wasn't he a rookie last year?

Oops I got Surtain and Trufant mixed up.