1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: PFW Random Quotes

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Hostile, May 21, 2004.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,119 Messages
    3,165 Likes Received
    May 21, 2004

Random quotes from around the league

Ravens LB Ray Lewis speaking to WBAL-TV in Baltimore about his recent graduation from University of Maryland University College, which is mostly an online institution: “It was hard. I’m not going to pretend like it wasn’t. It was very challenging, you know, being a father and being a leader that I am.”

New CBS studio analyst Shannon Sharpe, who retired last week rather than play his 15th NFL season: “You’re always going to feel that you can play, but at some point and time you’re going to have to walk away from the game, and this opportunity might not be there.”

Titans QB Steve McNair on finally being awarded his trophy as co-MVP of the league last season: “I don’t have a Lombardi (Trophy), and I’m not going to speculate on trying to trade (the MVP award). I’m going to take this one right now. But in the future, I’m going to work hard to get that Lombardi.”

Ravens head coach Brian Billick on adding CB Dale Carter, who has made almost as many mistakes off the field as he has plays on the field in his 11-year career: “You’re always concerned when you add to the chemistry of this team. Dale is a functioning member of the NFL, and there were several teams interested in him. He has shown in the past year, in particular, that he understands how to conduct himself.”

Giants rookie QB Eli Manning on getting lost in his car on his first venture alone in New Jersey: “I kind of knew I would get lost. I figured it would help me find some places. I found some areas where a grocery store is, a gas station is. Simple things.”

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher on the condition of PK Joe Nedney, who missed most of last season with a torn right anterior cruciate ligament: “We saw everything that we missed last year from him — the distance and the height and the quickness and the leg strength. He is obviously back, and it’s nice to have him back.”