1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFW whispers Sensabaugh

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 13, 2013.

1. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,327 Messages
    950 Likes Received
    And according to Church the reason for his slow 40 time is that he rolled out of his stance. I actually believe he is going to be a stud. He had an awesome offseason TC and preseason and played well prior to getting hurt. According to Rob Ryan he stated Church is going to be a star. I believe it why else hand him a contract extension? I think if we draft a safety 1st or 2nd rd it will be out best safety tandem in 8 years. I think we are closer than most would like to admit. His cone time does tell you the guy is shifty and athletic and he is a very smart football player from what I've read.
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Yep Sensabaugh used to be an athletic freak but don't know what happened to turn him into the Hunchback. Guess he's had a similar weight gain like Roy Williams
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    He's a better athlete than John Lynch.
  4. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,412 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    It's pretty simple when Sensabaugh was a FA not one team stepped up to the plate to pay him until Jerry came to the rescue. This team has been chasing the safety position for years.
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,006 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    He developed chronic suckitis.

Suckitis involves the breakdown of skills and play-making ability. This abnormality occurs when an athlete involved in sporting combat gives up a big play while the brain is in a high rate of distress. This process causes a nerve ending connected to the brain to become inflamed, run down the spine, through the large intestine, and into the colon, where the nerve ending becomes permanently attaches to a piece of feces, causing the affected person to think and play like crap. The brain also absorbs shock when pressure is placed on the nerve ending, such as when you walk or run. Without the ability to think properly, the brain sputters, causing stiffness, slow reaction, and the inability to make plays.

Usually the nerve inflammation goes away after the cause goes away or is treated. Sometimes it does not. When this happens, you have chronic suckitis.
  6. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,483 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    What Sensabaugh is very athletic???

And lets just say he's no gifted by NFL standards(he is) he would still be considered top athlete period.

I cant stand when someone acts like a player has no ability
  7. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,506 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    After seeing how earl Thomas surveyed that field today we need a ball hawk safety in this draft
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,829 Messages
    1,438 Likes Received
    He tore his achilles. Speed and agility are going to be an issue with him until he proves he is all the way back. Foot injuries are serious business.
  9. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,327 Messages
    950 Likes Received
    Matt Elam would be the perfect fit!
  10. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    481 Likes Received

That's why I don't think Dallas should hedge it's bets on him nor should they on Johnson.
  11. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,869 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Sensi has like a 46 vertical I believe.
  12. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,005 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Agreed. But not a better football player.
  13. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That used to be areal killer, but not so in recent seasons. Seeing more of what look like complete recoveries like Suggs.

Any informed medical opinions here on why?

Church does have the benefit of having been injured early on.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,829 Messages
    1,438 Likes Received
    While I don't think you should just write him off, in a position where you have to plant and drive on the ball an achilles injury can rob a guy who was already a questionable athlete.

http://lowerextremityreview.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture

15. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    If you're complaining about the people in the front office and think you could do better, shut the hell up and go take their job already.
  16. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    me either - plus hes got to come back from that ankle injury
  17. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Many of you will remember Eric Obogu, the Under Armour famed guy with the rippled body who looked like a stud. Well, he couldn't play. Sensabaugh reminds me of that guy. Even though athletic, some of these guys are not instinctive enough to make plays on a consistent basis. Football intelligence and desire is a must have as well. When these attributes are combined in a single package, a quality player is what the team has.
  18. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,606 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Yeah, hopefully he will be ok, but alot around here just assume he will be back to new which is just not true especially when his athleticism was questionable to begin with. Its a really bad injury for a DB, while Jerry showed alot of faith with that contract extension (Jerry makes a habit of doing this, so having his faith makes it questionable), we also have to realistic about it.

Its rather obvious at this point we can't just roll into next year status quo at the safety position, hopefully we can do at least a little something to improve the position with all the other needs we have. Replacing Sensy and giving Church/Matt some competition (2 new safeties) would be ideal, but that won't happen with other needs, so really once again we will probably roll into next season praying that they are as good as we hope....again.
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,840 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Amen to that!! Haha
  20. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,409 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    That is exactly what i have seen from him. Paired with a good FS he is able to elevate his game.

And i dont understand all the Sensi hate. To me he is a very good saftety. Plays hard, has good range and can cover well.

I dont think we will let him go. I do think we cant afford to let him go. People underestimate his value to our defense.