1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFW whispers Sensabaugh

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,590 Messages
    650 Likes Received
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,921 Messages
    5,328 Likes Received
    i disagree completely. look at his effort on that fumble vs the saints in OT. the guy was lollygagging to the ball. compare his play to the san fran guys or the seattle guys and it's night n day.
  3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,722 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    If he can cover so well how do you explain the 0 interceptions and 3 passes defensed OVER AN ENTIRE 16 GAME SEASON!

I checked and he had 0 passes defensed in 13 of 16 games.

You know who had more passes defensed than Gerald Sensabaugh in 2012? Here are 2 random names for kicks:
    • 4 PD - Dontari Poe, 350lb Nose Tackle for the Chiefs
    • 4 PD - Erik Walden -- possibly the worst starting 3-4 OLB in the NFL
  4. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,758 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Iirc he was pointing at Frampton to go get it.

I won't miss him at all.
  5. jumanji

jumanji Member

678 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    +1...right there with you
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,921 Messages
    5,328 Likes Received
    oh man this post made me :lmao:

idk how people STILL defend sensabaugh.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,001 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    He's primarily a man coverage safety, and the Cowboys are moving to a scheme in which safeties play mostly zone.

One of the biggest problems on the Cowboys defense is the lack of a safety capable of playing zone coverage.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,541 Messages
    8,486 Likes Received
    I wish it was just an ankle injury.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,541 Messages
    8,486 Likes Received
    It's amazing how people defend mediocrity.

That's usually the progression though in Dallas. Scream for change the moment another failed season ends. Then start talking yourself into why this guy is good enough and that guy is good enough. Tweak here...a slight tweak there....and we're good to go.

Fast forward to screaming for more change at the conclusion of the following season.

Me? I'd churn this roster as much as possible until we start winning.
  10. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

The same way fans defended Bradie James who can't a) cover anybody or b) shed a block to save his life. They would bring up James' tackle numbers. Big deal when most of those tackles are 5-7 yards downfield.

All Sensablow has done since he's been here is given up big play after big play while never making one himself. Doesn't like contact either. More of a pile inspector instead of a pile creator. You know, that guy who always shows up right when the play is over.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,921 Messages
    5,328 Likes Received
    i'm convinced many do not watch other teams. if they did watch other teams and their safeties, it would be impossible to describe sensabaugh as "aggressive" or "physical". the guy comes off as an aloof off the field and plays like it on it. i've been wanting him gone for 3 years.
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,921 Messages
    5,328 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

oh man i agree completely. bradie james, sensabaugh, newman, spears...i would have started churning all of these guys out after the 44-6 game and the 2010 season.
  13. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,639 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Probably the best explanation I have seen of Sensy, and really alot of players we have had on this D, in a long time.

The defense of Sensy is always weak in its attempt, especially looking at his play this last season. He is getting worse, and now he's 30.....why in the world anyone would want him starting for their favorite team is beyond my comprehension.

With the new D, his presence would even be worse in the zone. There is no explanation for this team to allow Sensy to start for this coming season, and hopefully they finally help the CBs they spent so many resources to get by upgrading the position.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,348 Messages
    2,163 Likes Received
    He has done a good job manning up on RB and TE but has poor zone instincts and is not very physical. That being said we have no safeties really if he is gone.
  15. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,639 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Yeah thats by far his best attribute, problem is with this system he won't be asked to do that much. I would like to have Sensy as a backup though, he can play both safety spots and would be an ideal backup, but I don't want him starting at all cause an upgrade can easily be found.
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,853 Messages
    2,506 Likes Received
    1 playoff win in 17 seasons.

Yea, our front office is kick arse!!!!!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: