1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PFW's exclusive draft value chart

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Apr 6, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    The value board below is based on considerable feedback from NFL teams and projects the league value of players, pinpointing a specific area where players likely will be drafted. It is important to note that these values do not reflect where PFW thinks the players should be drafted or what type of pros they will become; that is better reflected in PFW's grades. Each round is divided into three parts: A (early), B (middle) and C (late). Thus, 2B signifies the middle of the second round. Players may be drafted higher or lower based on team needs and fits within certain schemes. The value board may not list the exact number of players in a round as there are actual selections. In some cases, more players are listed than will be drafted, especially in later rounds, because of the very minor difference between late-round draft picks and priority free agents.

http://paper.li/acoracle/1314833708
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Suprises: Schwartz, Jeff Allen, Broyles in the 3rd, Harrison Smith, Kellen Moore, and Chandler Jones. Also they have Cox top of round 1. All FWIW.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    finally, been waiting for this release.
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    People in here are going to be PIIIIIIISSED when we take Broyles in the 3rd!!!

Not me
  5. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No sir, not at all! Been wishing he will be there in the 4th but his recovery is way ahead of schedule and I dont see it happening. Dallas wants him and I'm willing to bet a 3rd is the price they will.

Im really hoping it happens!
  6. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Janoris Jenkins at 2B

McClellan at 3B

Hmmmm......

1st: DeCastro
    2nd: Jenkins
    3rd: McClellan
  8. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Shea McClellin Round 3B
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
  10. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,401 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Wow...Shea McClellin in the middle of the 3rd, Jared Crick end of the 4th. That would be sweet.
  11. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,985 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    I don't know what anyone see's in Melvin Ingram and I so hope someone takes him in the top 10.
  12. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

It is?

hmmmm

no idea, goes to it for me.
  13. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Based on this chart I see even more justification for trading entirely out of the first round and getting an extra first next year as well as getting maybe a 2nd and a 3rd this year in the process. Now we have 2 seconds, thirds and fourths.

Based on this chart here's what I'd do:

#2a. Trumaine Johnson
    #2b. Brandon Brooks
    #3a. Bruce Irvin
    #3b. Ryan Broyles
    #4a. Jared Crick
    #4b. Josh Norman

Now I'm also set up with two first rounders next year. Hopefully one of them ends up in the top 10 where I can grab a future QB or perhaps an elite playmaker at another position (LB, DL, OT).
  14. AKATheRake

3,985 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    McLellin is rated 1st-2nd round by NFL Draft Scout and Crick is rated 2nd round by NFL Draft Scout as well.

Both would be high character and good players for us.

"Sweet" wouldn't be the word with them both filling 2 big needs we have on defense.

I'm not holding too much stock on this list after the mid 2nd round unfortunately.
  15. AKATheRake

3,985 Messages
    291 Likes Received

No offense, but yuck if this is what we would do in this draft.
  16. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't want to trade out of the first round but Trumaine Johnson is a player and I'd love to get him with our second rounder.
  17. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    You could insert the CB and OG you want at the top of the 2nd. I think Dallas wants very physical CBs so that's why I went with those picks at CB. I'd prefer Brandon Boykin and Casey Heyward myself.

As for the OG I like Brooks. Zeitler, Glenn and DeCastro will be off the board. The other guy I like is Silatolu but I prefer Brooks. I would have no qualms with Silatolu.
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    I'd be happy with your scenario, and a chance to pick up maybe Logan Thomas next year.
  19. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    We wouldn't be so much trading out of the first round as much as we would be deferring our first round pick until next year. My hope is we luck out with a top 10 pick to grab a QB or an impact player.

My problem with this year's pick is that we miss out on all the impact players this year because it lacks top-end talent. OTOH, it has lots of depth. So instead of drafting for the draft that you want (an impact player with the first pick) draft for the draft that you have (deep). So you trade down a whole bunch of stockpile picks in rounds 2-4 and defer your first rounder until next year where you hope for better luck with the draft picks you get.

You have to remember that next year's draft is supposed to be strong at QB. It may be our chance to draft Romo's replacement and then groom him for a couple of years. If Romo is still going strong we can try and trade him for a big package of draft picks and go after Romo's replacement again.
  20. dasander

dasander Member

136 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I've never heard of the OT Bobby Massie from Mississippi, but these rankings have him as a late first round pick? Interesting...

Anyways, here's a mock where I overlapped PFW's projection with the Prospect List: Cowboy Tracker(Update 03/29) as well as other players linked to the Cowboys.

Rd1: Mark Barron | S | Alabama
    Rd2: Trumaine Johnson | CB/FS | Montana
    Rd3: Bruce Irvin | OLB | West Virginia
    Rd4: Ryan Broyles | WR | Oklahoma
    Rd4Comp: Nick Foles | QB | Arizona
    Rd5: Rhett Ellison | TE | USC
    Rd6: Quinton Saulsberry | C | Mississippi State
    Rd7: Emmanuel Acho | ILB | Texas

I tried to stay in the middle of each round(B), except with the 4th where I didn't find anyone I liked (and I really want Broyles to be drafted by the Cowboys:eek:hboy: ) and the 4th comp, which I basically count as an early 5th.