1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Phil Simms Quote From Inside The NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Encore, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Encore

Encore Never Enough

573 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :hammer:

A very valid point.
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup, and a question more people in the media should be asking.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,885 Messages
    3,032 Likes Received
    Well this is a head scratcher.
  4. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,340 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    So, did he talk about it? Or did he just ask a rhetorical question?
  5. Martice

Martice Member

955 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The question of the ages!
  6. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,285 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    don't you think that happens with every team in football. Simms has been captain obvious for long time now.
  7. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    It's like this for the whole organization . From the owner all the way down to the towel boys. When we lose it's front page news and when we win,
    crickets.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    How come when we lose, it's always someone's fault, but when we win, nobody is at fault? :confused: :cool:
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,297 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    Simms is always praising Romo.
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,078 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    The psychology seems to me to be simple. As a fan, you expect to win. When you don't, finger pointing happens. It's Romo/Garrett/OL/etc.
  11. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    No. When Tony has a bad game they seem to have multiple segments on it dedicated to telling people how bad he did.
  12. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,736 Messages
    717 Likes Received
    No. Because it doesn't.
  13. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,250 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    I was listening to Pat Kirwin on his Sirius NFL radio show and was disgusted at the conversation he had with a Cowboy fan. Basically both Kirwin and this Cowboys fan threw the Cowboy nation under the bus as being hyper-critical of Romo as if the friggin media had nothing to do with it. There is a small percentage of Romo haters out there, but many of them were led to that place by the BS media. You can count the number of pro-Romo media types on one hand,,,
  14. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

1,579 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    NO! In fact it is quite the opposite.

Drew Brees throws 5 picks, and he gets a pass. Does he get criticized for that game?

I don't care if he won a Super Bowl or not - that is past history just like all the other Super Bowls.

It is not who you are, it is what logo is on your helmet.

Cowboys and Raiders will never get the credit they deserve, and get slammed much more than they deserve.

The media has zero integrity.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,240 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received
    Raiders - huh?
  16. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,940 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Imagine if Romo had criticized his OC/HC the way that Roethlisberger has criticized Todd Haley on several occassions this season.

media would having a field day, it'd be a total circus. But Ben's allowed to apologize and claim that it's just his emotions getting the better of him and that's that. NO talk of disfunction on the team or chaos in the lockerroom.
  17. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,601 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Nope. Perfect example, Phillip Rivers. The guy has been AWFUL for two seasons now. Not a peep and the blame goes to Norv like it's somehow his fault.
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,462 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    I went to a Chase bank to get new checks and a debit card yesterday here in San Diego. The guy helping us saw my hat and said 'nice, a Cowboys fan'. So, I had to ask him if he was a fan too. He replied yes and went right into how Romo sucks and never wins.

Usually, I stop right there and don't get into a conversation, but I had too this time so I dove right in. After about 2 mins of me telling him how the Cowboys would have about 3 wins w/o Tony, I asked him if he has watched them play this year. His answer--"No, I have not watched a game since 2010".

Wow, how can some actually have an opinion of his play who hasn't even seen him play in two years? My guess is the media's perception and I don't think he has even watched more than 5 games in his life.

I was infuriated at this point and my wife knew it, she was pinching me under the table trying to get me to shut-up, heh
  19. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    While on the other hand, Mark Sanchez threw 5 picks and lost his job. In fact, his career as a Jet is over.
  20. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    disgusting