1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Philip Blake, C, Baylor

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by casmith07, Feb 25, 2012.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,303 Messages
    2,722 Likes Received
    Combine Thread for Philip Blake.

Thoughts? I think he looks pretty good. Apparently he can squat some ridiculous amount too.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    He looked real good IMO . He is second to Konz on my center wish list . He showed that he was agile today in drills .
  3. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

307 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I love him and it sounded like we could get him in the 3rd or later. With a good combine, he may be going in the 2nd. There's a bunch of good centers and guards in this draft. I feel good about it. No need to overpay in FA. I think the guys we have now will play better this year, and if we bring in a couple of draft picks, even better.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,623 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    with Konz having that medical history and his pathetic performance on the Bench today, he is dropping. Might not be the first center taken
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Im just a little confused as to what exactly made Blake jump so high. After the season not many people thought much of Blake, he was a 4th round pick at best by most websites. So what happened exactly?
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Somebody realized that Griffin had help . I noticed him back in midseason while watching Griffin . I think the exposure helped him .
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I have had Blake as my 2nd rated OC for months now.

1. Ben Jones | Georgia
    2. Philip Blake | Baylor
    3. Peter Konz | Wisconsin
    4. Michael Brewster | Ohio St
    5. David Molk | Michigan
  8. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,558 Messages
    3,842 Likes Received
    I was wondering why the Boys were so high on him. I'm still hoping we acquire a vet center while we develop one internally.
  9. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Ok that's fair. Most places had it Kronz>>>>>>Jones>Brewster>>>>Blake. As in Blake wasn't even in the picture. Care to share some info on him? I'm pretty unfamiliar. Does he excel in pass blocking or run blocking? Both? Just trying to do a little homework.....