1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Philly's No. 1 choice to replace Reid

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Gryphon, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Andy Reid is out, leaving the Eagles searching for a head coach for the first time in more than a decade. [Eagles] owner Jeffrey Lurie has requested permission to interview Atlanta Falcons assistants Mike Nolan, Dirk Koetter and Keith Armstrong, according to an NFL source. University of Oregon coach Chip Kelly is the Eagles' prime target, according to two NFL senior personnel officials. Kelly, 49, is 45-7 in four seasons as a college head coach. He is praised for his innovative mind, so much so that Patriots coach Bill Belichick has used elements of the Oregon offense in New England this season. The Ducks play in the Fiesta Bowl on Thursday. Lurie, who fired [Reid] on Monday, said that he spent the last month researching potential hires.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-daily-jolt/news/20130101/daily-jolt-tuesday/#ixzz2H21ATdcn
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,221 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Dirk Koetter re signed with the Falcons a few days ago
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,812 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    I hope they pick Nolan. Great DC, lousy HC.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,128 Messages
    2,982 Likes Received
    That has no bearing on him taking a Head Coaching job.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,128 Messages
    2,982 Likes Received
    I would not be happy if they hire Chip Kelly.
  6. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bills to Interview Chip Kelly --
    Fri Jan 4, 2013 --from FFMastermind.com

Oregon HC Chip Kelly has an interview scheduled with the Buffalo Bills for their coaching vacancy. The interview will take place in Arizona, a day after the Ducks defeated Kansas State 35-17 in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, a league source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,833 Messages
    5,398 Likes Received
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe you can interview with another team right after signing an extension.

Or maybe I dreamed that up.

Either way I think that move means he's content for now running the talent-rich offense in Atlanta.
  8. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Falcons Extend OC Dirk Koetter --
    Wed Jan 2, 2013 --from FFMastermind.com

Fox Sports reports Atlanta Falcons OC Dirk Koetter has signed a contract extension with the team and agreed not to consider any head-coaching opportunities this year.
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    chip kelly makes so much sense for the eagles, they are built for speed just like oregon, it seems like a perfect fit. The question will be if he can make a successful transition the first time at bat because those fans will roast him if he doesn't