1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Photo Shop Help

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by Hostile, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,502 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    Somewhere in this forum there is a step by step help with photoshop I believe.

Or am I imagining this?

I want to try and create an image and have zero in the way of skill or knowledge how to do this. I'm look for this thread to be my coach.
  2. STAR GAZER

STAR GAZER Benched

2,047 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. Hostile

118,502 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    Thanks, but that is WAY above my head. I want to make a banner with 2 helmets and some lettering. I can't even figure out how to copy a helmet image into the program.

I probably shouldn't try this.
  4. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You shouldn't. :D Photoshop is a pretty tough program to figure out on the fly.

If you post the two images and let me know what you want it to say, I can probably put something together. I'm probably not the most talented photoshopper on this board, but I know my way around the program adequately.
  5. STAR GAZER

STAR GAZER Benched

2,047 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you think you will be interested in doing stuff regularlly, then you should have a go at it. The first few are the most difficult, but it can become very addicting and fun once you get the hang of it.

You certainly don't need to do it yourself. Your surrounded by GFX guys who I'm sure would be happy to work something up for you.

Danny White's good. I've seen some of his stuff. :)
  6. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now I'm blushing. :p:

I remember fondly when I first discovered Photoshop back in 1994. I was the editor of my college newspaper, and back then I had to manually crop all of my own photos and use a proportional scale wheel to tell the printer how much to scale them. Then, one day, a scanner and Photoshop appeared and life was never the same!

I don't do some of the fancy stuff with all the new filters that some of the wizards do... mostly because I haven't had the need to use the program as much over the past few years, and that's when all the new filter technology has really picked up.

But you're right, it is a fun program to play with and it can be very addictive too. I used to participate in the "fark-off" contests over at Soonerfans.com but they took way too much of my time every week.
  7. Hostile

118,502 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    I want to do banners for the Head to Head matchups against every team thread. So, I want to do 31 banners with the Cowboys helmet facing right and the other team's helmets facing left.

For some stupid reason, every time I edit one of the posts, the image goes away.

New England

St. Louis

I completely removed the one for Buffalo because no matter what I do it screws up.

I keep having to ask Juke99 to fix them for me. Already this year he has had to fix 3 of them. I don't want to keep hassling him for these repairs. The only way I can think of to do it is like what he did with the Year by Year thread images. Make it a banner image.
  8. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sure thing. Do you want one for Minny then? Just post the helmet you want to use in this thread and I'll pull it off and make your vs. graphic for you.
  9. STAR GAZER

STAR GAZER Benched

2,047 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here are logo psd's so if logos are cool, these are some nice cuts.......... http://www.surrealdesignz.com/logos/nfl.php

Here are some rotating helmets .................. http://www.thornbird.net/football/helmets/nfl.htm

Here are some mini-helmets. So long as you used a white background, you'd save yourself the cutting effort......... http://www.attitudearcade.com/cat_nfl_helmets.cfm
  10. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is this what you're looking for Hos?

If you want any changes to it (text, etc) just let me know and it's a snap to edit.

If you like it, I'll do one for every matchup and put it in this thread.

[IMG]
  11. Hostile

118,502 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    No, that's 100% better than what I was looking for.

Can you do this for all 31 teams? With the Cowboys helmet always facing that same way.

I will even pay for it if I have to. It would be used in the thread in the History Zone. If that's okay with you that is.
  12. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't be silly, you don't have to pay for anything... just hook me up with a Super Bowl ticket and we'll call it even. ;) :p:

Seriously, though, my only request is somewhere where I can host the images other than my Photobucket account. I think I'll max it out if I keep all the images up there. Do you have any ideas?
  13. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Also, do you care which helmet is first? As long as it's consistent?

I think I may do Dallas' first and the opponent second, because the graphics I'm using all originally point to the left, and if I flip the image on ones that have letters on them, it's going to look silly (mirror image).
  14. Hostile

118,502 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    I actually would prefer to have Dallas first in all the pictures.

As for where to host it...I could PM you my photobucket account if you wish. It has very little in it.
  15. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,412 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Hey you don't mind if I right click and save do ya? Nice work:thumbup:
  16. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please do so. They're all ready now.

I'm probably heading off to lunch, but get me your account and I'll post them up afterwards.

It was fun doing them. My son is going to love this... He loves doing mini-matchups at home between the teams on his "Fast Action Football" game, and I'm going to print these out for him to use as scorecards!
  17. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not at all. You might want to wait until they're all posted though... I made some small changes to the final product.
  18. Danny White

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OK Hos, they're all in there.

Here's an example of how they ended up... they look even better than I thought they would. The helmets that Stargazer found are sharp looking!

[IMG]

If you discover any typos or anything else you want changed, just let me know and I can fix it.

Also, when you link to an image from Photobucket, for some reason it adds an extension on to the end of the file name after the .jpg For example after the image above it had added this: ?t=1192558011.

To get the photo to link properly, you have to delete everything after the .jpg
  19. BigD

BigD Got 5? We do!

498 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Very nice.
  20. Hostile

118,502 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    I owe you. You come through here to campaign again, I got dinner.