1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pic: Henry Melton and Jason Witten

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Jan 25, 2013.

1. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,339 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    I would love it but seriously doubt it happens.
  2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Considering this draft is pretty deep at what we're looking for at guard I can see us grabbing Warmack, Cooper or Jones, or sliding up or down for either of them - depending how well they bench and look at the combine. I'd personally love Warmack think he can anchor the left side down with Tyron and be a road grader beside him for a decade - but Jones is incredibly versatile and can play any of the 5 positions.

Melton is a one of a kind disruptive player that would fit the scheme perfectly, but there is no one in hell Chicago lets him walk. That's not just something you do, unless a guy is an UFA and you can't match what he's gonna get on the open market.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,696 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received
    I agree, but I also don't know the money situation in Chicago. They would be crazy to let him escape. but, if they let him test the waters, then our new scheme and coaches could use a guy like him. I can imagine someone like Crawford benefitting from having him there tkaing up the double team.

A move like that, if possible, is one of the few things that would make me sway from wanting to put the FA money into the OL.
  4. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,486 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Holy crap I remember him being a huge RB.....but DT?? The kid must have blew up
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    Noticed some of the Bears fans were lobbying to bring Witten to Chicago.
    lol
    Jay Cutler would be one happy man.

I'd rather we flip that script and bring "Oh Henry" back to Texas.