1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pittdawg - any minicamp tidbits?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ljs44, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ljs44

ljs44 Member

460 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Has anyone heard from Pittdawg concerning the minicamp? It appears that RT is Rob's to lose and I wonder if he has any insight into the other players. Like what Rob thinks of Hatcher? TO? Ellis situation?
  2. pittdawg

pittdawg Proud Father

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i wish i had something substancial to report. rob and i have talked everyday after practice, but it has been mainly about how he is doing and what he needs to continue to do. he is thrilled how all his hard work is paying off in improved on field performance. no question, the work with juraszek has improved speed, agility, strength and positioning in pass sets.

a couple of observations. first, he thinks TO will be a good teammate and playmaker. second, his says the offense hasn't changed, but the approach apparently will be different, something the fans should like.
  3. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Awesome Pitt....

Ya gotta love all the positive press coming out now about Rob. Big challenge facing him, and he rose up, rather than cower or get all defeatist. Awesome.

A certain veteran could learn a little from your son's example.
  4. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,148 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Pittdawg...

It may not be a lot of info, but I am glad Rob is feeling good about his performance. I hope his confidence is up and that he remains injury free throughout the season. Has he said if Fabini is still recovering from his injury last year, and maybe that is why the reports coming from mini-camp have been less then stellar?
  5. cowboyfreak

cowboyfreak Member

493 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    As his father I'm sure you knew of his resolve and the fact that he wasn't going down without a fight.

But to some of us, Rob is the epitome of a a burgeoning(sp?) feel-good success story. With his adversity from last year, the abuse from fans and media, injuries, etc. and now with a signing that people (including myself) felt would sit big Rob on the bench, I am excited as a fan to see how he has taken this on. In fact he is one of the players I try to stay up on, realizing that if he can be the answer at T- the Cowboys could be in good shape for years.

It seems you have raised him to be a fighter/winner and not a quitter- we need more of that in life and on this football team. Good Job!

Here's to hoping that Rob continues to impress- it's only good for the 'Boys if he makes this a tough decision for Sparano.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,873 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    NO PADS - NO REAL CONTACT- hard to evaluate Linemen in that kind of scenario. All you can do is see how they move, footwork, etc. THE REAL test comes in TC.
  7. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Right.

You can't get a feel for how someone's agility has improved, or their speed, or their footwork.

Give me a break.:rolleyes:
  8. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,470 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Great to hear it. Hopefully Fabini is just an insurance policy this year and Rob turns out to be the great find of last years draft.
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Tell him we as fans appreciate all his hard work and to keep it up.
  10. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Superpunk, you are correct. Some improvements can be seen without pads. Rob is a professional and acting like one.

The great majority of posters on this board are rooting for him to succeed.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,873 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    THATS RIGHT- no one with evaluates linemen in non contact drills. They MAY look GOOD OR BAD- but untill the pads come on and the thumping begins nothing is certain.
  12. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the info pittdawg!
  13. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Obviously noone is winning or losing a job right now.

But improvements CAN be seen. Regressions can be seen. These will play in evaluations, eventually, as well.
  14. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Thanks Pittdawg, I still think your son is our star future right offensive tackle, maybe not as quite as good as Erik Williams was, but pretty close.
  15. pittdawg

pittdawg Proud Father

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if no evaluations were made outside of contact drills, than i guess they would have to scrap the combines, player pro day workouts and any individual workouts teams put players through. this is mirely an observation of where rob is today relative to last year. i don't know what TC holds in store, but rob is infinitely more prepared to play in the nfl today than he was last year. i believe anyone can see that.
  16. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sounds like Rob has added a lot of muscle. PittDawg any idea what he is weighing in at now?
  17. pittdawg

pittdawg Proud Father

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    about 335 lbs
  18. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I bet you are glad you don't have to pay his food bill anymore ;)
  19. pittdawg

pittdawg Proud Father

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    nor any of his other bills.
  20. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    true :D