1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Play calling!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyschmps3, Dec 15, 2013.

1. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Really we get the ball with the lead up 36-31, and we pass instead of running the clock, especially since Green Bay couldn't stop the run but we pass get intercepted and well each you know the rest. Garrett gets too excited passing he needs too go I'm tired of supporting him.
    HoustonSucks and 5Stars like this.
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

27,018 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    This was a terrible game plan that the Cowboys did. Why so many passes? Why not run and milk the clock?

That is on the Coach. (and him).

This game to me was really bad game management.
  3. BulletBob

BulletBob The Godfather

2,180 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Completely inexplicable.
    HoustonSucks likes this.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    The defense didn't force a punt in the whole 2nd half.
    5Stars likes this.
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,840 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    atrocious, even Buck was incredulous. My wife thought I was going to have a heart attack.
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  6. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,553 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    Exactly. Let's see...big lead...what do we do? Not stop them the whole second half and stop running in critical situations where we need to run down the clock. The 3 and out drive that started with the Murray drop was inexcusable. Romo definitely contributed to this loss. No doubt. But why the hell are we not running on those final few drives?! This was on coaching and defense as much as anything. We just have no idea what to do with a lead. That includes the coaches, QB, and defense. Just pathetic.
    HoustonSucks, CowboyMike and 5Stars like this.
  7. 5Stars

27,018 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Again? smh lol

The offense puts up enough points to most likely win the game, the defense does it's part somewhat, they come out pass happy and Romo throws an Int. Of course Romo is going to throw an Int with just pass, pass, pass!

The Coaches lost this game (and him).
  8. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Kiffin has no idea how to adjust. GB figured us out and he had no answer.
  9. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Bring in Lovie for a HC and hire frazier as DC. Get a good run first OC in here.
  10. 5Stars

27,018 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Maybe if the offense would have ran more to milk the clock, the defense would not have to be on the field so long?

But, this defense did pretty good for as long as they did.
  11. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

5,137 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    you can lump Garrett in with Romo on two people who have no concept of situational football. It will be very difficult to win anything meaningful with either.
  12. cowboyschmps3

2,997 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    It's coaching it's gotta be
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

5,137 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    I have never seen a coach make a play in my entire life.
  14. cowboyschmps3

2,997 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    But you've seen a coach smile when loosing and not have his team prepared out there
  15. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

5,137 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    I stopped supporting Garrett while back. I don't really think he ever had chance to succeed in Dallas with Jerry humiliating and under-mining him at every turn. But my point was that ultimately it comes down to the player. Romo has been given increased authority to make those critical decisions late in games and too often he makes wrong choice. I don't think Romo makes more bad decisions than any other QB but its the timing of his mistakes that really is his undoing.
  16. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    This argument has taken place already and the overwhelming conclusion (based on surmounting indisputable evidence) is that the HC plays not to lose; plays are run based on fear rather than confidence. Sadly, I am starting to believe this is true.